Chapter 73: Small Matters

Yi Zhengting.

From the moment he strolled in, Khan Bojing was already aware of his identity. And honestly, he did not care much for it. "Friends? You and I can never be friends."

The young emperor laughed, already knowing the prince's response. "Too much hatred between our bloods?"

"No. Those who looks down on my woman can't be my friend."

Yi Zhengting's laugh ended dryly. He could not believe his ears. So simple?

Khan Bojing couldn't be bothered to say more. He pushed the man aside and took Li Wei away. His hold on her didn't lessen until they were at the gates of her house. Only then, did he stop to pull her into his arms.

Li Wei stayed still, quietly watching him. She, too, knew things were more complicated than what was shown on the surface. The situation between Le'kai and Hai'an wasn't bright. A war couldn't be avoided between the two kingdoms before. This time, the war may also not be avoided.

Song Yishan ran up to them from where he was waiting. "Big sister, master wants to see you."

"Xiao Wei, go ahead."

"Alright, I'll be busy preparing for our engagement ceremony. I'm afraid I might not see you until the actual day," She pouted her lips cutely.

Khan Bojing pinched her cheeks. "Mmm, it's because I want to marry you as soon as possible."

"Holding a wedding just one month after the engagement... is it too fast?"

"It's too much, I can't even memorize one formula within one month!"

The couple glanced at Song Yishan at the same time. Khan Bojing's expression was grim, "Yishan, go in first."

"Fine..." He trudged back towards the stairs. "It's not like I want to eat dog food anyway."

Once the boy was gone, Khan Bojing smiled, "My father wanted our wedding to take place before the winter months. It's less troublesome to hold a banquet in fine weather."

"I'm just not sure if I'll be warmly accepted as your princess consort. What if it's too sudden?" She had been quietly worried.

"Don't worry," He assured. "Since you announced your identity on the streets and performed in the palace, everyone was intrigued. If anything, they'll praise me for my good taste in choosing you."

She suddenly felt a bit shy. "Yebai..."

Hearing the way she called him, Khan Bojing grinned. "My wife, why do you think so many rumors have been spreading since then about you?"

"So it was your doing?"

"En, but it's all your good attributions. Nothing about your shamelessness." He stuck out his tongue.

"... Khan Bojing, watch what you are saying!"

Instead of returning to he palace right away, Khan Bojing was chased around the street until she got him to piggyback her all around the block.

Then, she hurriedly ran inside.

---

Heping Garden was booming with business. The lines extended way out the door with people squeezed together. From the third floor window, Li Wei let out a smile.

Su Hong was naturally talented. His only drawback was the misfortune of being born into poverty. The hardworking man had always been kind and humble. With a light push on his back, he was able to stand on the highest step of his dream profession.

Three knocks came from the door. "Miss, Master Mo is here."

Master Mo entered the room and closed the door behind him. After making sure they were alone, he asked in a hushed tone, "Li Wei, is there progress? At this point, I'm sure there's been no village we haven't searched, but there's been no luck so far."