Chapter 45: Really, Really Like You

Want.

Her soft voice speaking of her willingness to accept his kiss was like an arrow shot straight into his heart, delivering to him the best feeling possible.

He wouldn't dodge. Instead, he would rather stand still so she could reach the deepest parts of his heart with ease.

Khan Bojing couldn't help but smiled. Simply put, he was willing to be captured.

He intertwined her hand with his, not intending to let go. "Come with me."

In the midst of the night, he led her through the endless corridors. He was neither too fast or slow, his pace adjusting to match hers.

Li Wei was not familiar with her father's manor yet, but Khan Bojing seemed to know exactly where he was going. Even if all they had to guide them was the moonlight and the peach lantern in his hand, his footsteps held confidence.

The surroundings passed in a whirl. She couldn't focus on where he was taking her. Her eyes were locked at the sight of his strong hand holding hers.

The rain had stopped and the night was a bit cold, but her heart was swelling with warmth.

Khan Bojing came to a stop when they arrived in a large open field in the back of the Shi Manor. Over the years, Yue Shangwu didn't keep up with the glory this garden once held.

There were no longer flowers, only tall weeds filled the space. The once beautiful garden was long gone.

However, in the center, there stood a large and magnificent ginkgo tree on a small hill. It stood tall and strong. Under the moonlight, the tree looked as if it was glowing.

He gave her a reassuring smile and turned his head slightly to the side as he asked, "Do you trust me?"

Li Wei nodded excitedly, "En, I trust you."

Seeing how happy she was to cooperate with his sudden actions, he was no longer nervous. This woman, her love for him was unwavering.

Khan Bojing took her to the top of the hill and they stood side by side under the ginkgo tree overlooking the city lights in the distance.

Once the rain stopped earlier, the clouds cleared up and bright stars now filled the vast sky. Each star shone brightly against the night.

He whispered in her ears. "Xiao Wei, what do you think?"

Li Wei was mesmerized by the sparkling of the stars that bravely light up the darkness. She turned around, slowly taking in the sight of her surrounding.

It was as if she was seeing the world for the first time, under a new light. She stopped to face directly opposite him, her eyes meeting his gaze.

With one step, she closed the small distance between them. Her feet touched his feet and her arms circled around his neck.

In this moment, she felt as if there was nothing she couldn't overcome. It was as if they were the only people in the world.

Her lips spread into a gentle smile, her heart brimming with the happiness he filled. "The world I knew before you, was it always this beautiful?"

He broke into laughter at her teasing. Her words meant, the world although it was beautiful, became even more stunning because he was by her side.

It couldn't be helped, he couldn't hold himself back.

He pulled her into his embrace, taking in her familiar scent he had longed for. "Xiao Wei, we haven't parted for long, but it felt like years as I waited to see if you would come."

"You... Did you missed me?" Li Wei held her breath, waiting for his response. Because of his affectionate actions, she dared to hope for more. Slowly, he started unfolding his heart to her.

Khan Bojing's eyes flicker into the distance for a moment. In between their two separations, he had time to sort through his feelings.

He once rejected her because at that time, they were almost strangers. He was also unsure about his responsibilities, not wanting to drag another person into his mess.

However, things have changed.

If someone asked him about now, he was afraid he would have to take his words back. To hear her ask him tenderly if he had missed her, how can he deny it?

He closed his eyes, feeling the cool and silky texture of her hair against his cheek. "Xiao Wei, I missed you... Truth be told, I missed you dearly. I thought I was going to go crazy if I didn't see you soon."

"If I didn't come to you, would you come to me?"

"Even if I had to crawl, I would've made my way to you..." He pulled back so he could look into her eyes which gazed at him affectionately, as if she would never be tired of seeing him. "For I knew, my Xiao Wei would be waiting patiently upon the moment of my return."

Li Wei melted under his honey like words. She had no doubt he was speaking earnestly from the bottom of his heart.

"Yebai, I've missed you too. I've missed you dearly..." Her thumb lightly stroke his neck as she bravely revealed, "Each day, I looked out the window to see if your figure would appear upon the horizon. Each time I went out, I listened if there were news of you. Each night before I slept, I thought of you again and again--"

Khan Bojing leaned towards her and she couldn't finish her words, her eyes closing obediently. One of his hand held her lower back and the other caressed her cheek tenderly.

This would be their first kiss, but knowing of her consent, he had no hesitation. Slowly and delicately, his lips brushed against hers.

He took his time to savor her lips, to burn her taste into his memory. The sweetness he drew from her lips was a taste he just discovered. Just one sip and he was intoxicated.

He couldn't get enough, going back for more and more. He never knew, a kiss could be so wonderful.

Although she was in his hold, he felt she was too far. He pulled her until she was pressed tightly against him, only then was he satisfied.

When her hands took off the golden crown from his head and his hair flew freely in the wind, he lost control. He kissed her desperately, their tongues intertwining in a passionate dance.

His eyes were closed, but all he could see was her. All he could feel, all he could taste, was her. Li Wei filled his being with her presence and he couldn't bear to part.

When they finally pulled back, they were still just a breath away. His thumb caressed her slightly swollen lips, recalling her taste in his memory. "Xiao Wei, I think I'm in trouble."

She reached out to playfully poke his dimples. "Why?"

Khan Bojing caught her hand and kissed it instead, his lips lingering on her soft skin. "I think I like you. Really, really like you."

Her large eyes blinked blankly a couple times before it registered to her. Khan Bojing just confessed... "Can you say that again?"

"Of course, as many times as my Xiao Wei wishes to hear." He naturally agreed, as long as she wanted to hear it, he was willing to say it. "Xiao Wei, I really like you. Really, really like you."

He liked her. Fortunately, he liked her too. She happily stood on tip toes and placed a kiss on his cheeks. She whispered against his skin, "Yebai, say it once more."

Again and again, he agreed to her request with pleasure. His voice sweetly said it endlessly, his feelings for her. "Xiao Wei, I don't know if this is love, I've never loved before. But what I know is, I want to give the rest of my lifetime to you."

Then, he kissed her again as the leaves of the ginkgo tree fell with the blows of the wind. He was caring, taking his time to treasure her preciously. "To accompany you until the end of our times, I'm willing."