Chapter 61: A Little Lie, A Little Truth

Late at night, her heavy footsteps hesitated by the window.

Foolishly, she came without knowing if he was here or not. There was no sign of someone inside. The lights were turned off and there wasn't a sound. All the guards and servants had been dismissed.

Li Wei silently scolded herself for being swayed by a little kid's words. Don't tell her the child was already a master liar? He really deserved a harsh scolding from her. She would go back and find him tomorrow to give punishment.

Her foot moved away when she realized she had stepped on something thick and sticky. Was she so unlucky as to step on sh*t in a time like this? The heavens were literally praying for her to be caught!

Don't be here, don't be here. Be anywhere but here.

Her pupils moved left and right nervously. If Khan Bojing saw her, how should she explain? Oh heavens, she was done for...

The windows opened.

Perfect, the heaven's hatred was overflowing generously.

"Xiao Wei? Why is it you?" His familiar voice broke the silence.

"I..." Her cold face looked up helplessly. Nothing came to mind to save her life. There was no excuse to use.

The two people stared at each other. Three days ago, they acted as nothing more than strangers. Could he pretend not to know her in this situation?

Li Wei bit her lips and closed her eyes pitifully. She started counting inside her head to make the silence more bearable. If she kept this up, he would soon excuse her himself. She wouldn't need to say a thing. He wouldn't question it either. She was sure--

"Luckily, it's just mud."

Her eyes popped open. Thank goodness, it was mud instead of sh*t.

By the time she realized it, he had already came by her side. Without a word, he lifted her in his arms. "Stay still."

"Khan Bojing!" She scolded.

He sighed. "You don't want to get dirty, do you?"

"Oh." Li Wei no longer struggled.

Inside, he placed her on a chair. She stared at him, "Why was there a pile of mud? What do the servants do all day?"

Khan Bojing took off her shoes promptly, "Little Bo was playing there earlier. He must've forgotten."

Li Wei's eyes narrowed suspiciously. The child told her of his father's sadness, then came over and coincidentally played with mud under the windows? He must've forgotten?

What a sly boy!

"He's just four, don't be mad. I'll wash your shoes for you."

She didn't respond as Khan Bojing left to clean her shoes. For sure, Khan Bohai was the culprit. It seemed her opinion of him was very wrong. Behind that innocent cute face was a fox in the making.

He was not at all like his father!

"Khan Bohai, you've messed with the wrong person," Li Wei swore under her breath. Child or not, he was going to get it.

"You can return now. It'll be wet on your way, but it'll dry by tomorrow." Khan Bojing held her shoes up by the door.

Li Wei walked over and put them on. Half of herself was out the door when she remembered why she snuck here in the first place. She turned back to him.

He had been crying? There was no sign of it on his face. Over the years, he had become better and better at masking his feelings. What a swindler... just like his son.