Chapter 36: Khan Bojing, Prince of Hai'an

In the morning as soon as Li Wei woke up, she tried to slip out of his hold. Why was he so strong even when he was sleeping?

"Xiao Wei, where are you going?" Khan Bojing asked sleepily, his eyes were still closed despite the tight grasp he had on her waist.

Last night she had to use all her self control to stop herself from cursing. She had used of every ounce of patience in her body. Sighing loudly, she forced his hands away and got off the bed. "Yebai, either you leave now or I'm leaving."

"Alright, I'll leave." Khan Bojing made himself wake up. This morning, he was in a good mood, but he gave her a sterned look. "Xiao Wei, I'm serious about what I said."

"Okay okay, I know." Li Wei grabbed his hand and walked to the door. "Hurry and go."

He trailed slowly behind as she dragged him. When she let down her guard to glance back at him, he slyly pulled her into his arms. "Xiao Wei, I'll take you home with me."

"I don't want to--"

"No complaints, no arguing." Before she could try to refuse him again, he swiftly jumped out the window and disappeared.

She spent efforts to bring him to the door and he didn't even use it... Li Wei complained to herself quietly.

No matter what she did to distract herself, her heart felt heavy. He wanted to take responsibility, but she didn't feel relieved. If he hadn't come for her, she would still be just as worried.

All day and all night, she thought about what to do until she could no longer distinguish what it was she wanted. With Khan Bojing's sudden persistence, she couldn't do much. She was stuck in a room with no windows or doors, every direction she turned to was a wall. If she tried to run away, he would for sure find her. If she refused to go, he'd kidnap her. Nothing seemed like a brighter option than the other.

A week later on an early morning, a yellow carriage stopped in front of the Li Manor. Khan Bojing walked into her room carrying a wooden branch over his shoulder. A clothed bundle hung loosely at one end. "Xiao Wei, are you ready?"

"Not yet." Li Wei analyzed all the expensive decors in her room. Which one was worth the most? "Yebai, which one do you think will get us more money? The blue pottery with a white lotus or the orange pottery with a red peony?"

Khan Bojing raised his eyebrows in interest. "I didn't think you'd be fond of me so quick. You're already thinking of how to feed our little family?"

She rolled her eyes at his arrogance. What fond? She only thought of herself. She never said she'd share her money. Ignoring him, her fingers trace the shelves of priceless potteries. Too bad she couldn't take them all.

"I don't need anything here except you." It was unnecessary to bring such useless items. He came over and pulled her out of the room.

"But I, Yebai I haven't chosen anything yet! Don't be so mean--" Li Wei choked on her own spit at the sight of a strange scene unfolding in front. Li Qian, Song Yuyan, Aunt Rin, Li Zhilan, and Hua Xifeng stood by the gate. It's as if they were specifically here to bid her farewell. But they weren't supposed to know she was leaving...

Two nights ago, Li Wei confessed to Aunt Rin about what happened between her and Khan Bojing. At first, Aunt Rin raged like a ball of flames, but Khan Bojing conveniently arrived at the perfect timing. Once again, even predicted Aunt Rin's reaction correctly.

Li Wei didn't know the contents of their conversation, but she only knew Aunt Rin came out of the room surprisingly calm and supportive. Other than Aunt Rin, the other guests were here without her knowledge. They were supposed to be leaving quietly!