Chapter 46: She's a Wildflower

"I think I like you. Really, really like you." His words echoed in her head nonstop as she went on with her day.

It's been almost a week since the last time they shared a kiss under the moonlight, but the memory of his warm lips softly kissing her was as clear as yesterday.

Li Wei couldn't help smiling like a fool as she followed Song Yishan through the busy market street. Because of her daydreaming, she was quite slow.

Song Yishan had to trace back his steps. He looked over her with concern. "Big sister, hold onto my sleeve so you don't get lost with the crowd."

She slightly blushed although he didn't know what she was overthinking about. With a nod, she pushed away the memory and held onto Song Yishan's sleeve. "Yishan, let's buy some flower seeds."

"Sure, follow me." He easily showed her a row of stalls filled with all types of seeds. Whether it was in the palace or in the city, there was no place he wasn't familiar with. Thanks to his mischievous curiosity, he would never get lost.

Li Wei's excited hand brushed upon every bag of flower seed, debating which ones to choose. "Yishan, what flowers do my father like?"

"Master Yue?" Song Yishan tried to flip through his memories helplessly. His master has never fancied flowers much. "Forget flowers. If you want to make him happy, gift him poison."

She dropped the bag of sunflower seeds in her hand. "My father must've never been bored with you around."

He smiled innocently, surely proud of himself. "Thanks for your compliment, big sister."

Li Wei chuckled in amusement, shaking her head. She moved along the long line of stalls. There was not a lack of beautiful flowers, but none seemed to satisfy her.

Song Yishan happily pointed out the plants he recognize, taking his time to explain each plant.

Her joyful mood suddenly came to a stop as a situation caught her attention.

An arrogant woman dressed in fancy robes angrily stomped onto an old vendor's hand. "You poor old man, how could you sell unknown seeds to me!"

"Madam, please accept my apology." The old man begged in between his cries of pain.

Next to him, his grandson clung to his back in tears. "Let my yeye go, you're hurting him!"

"Then tell your grandpa to learn! A bunch of weeds would be growing in my home if I was a fool." The woman cruelly twisted her shoe, the textured sole tearing his skin. "Luckily, I was smart enough not to fall into the trap of a swindler."

Li Wei walked over calmly, her voice ice cold as she ordered without a care to what status the woman held. "You have three seconds to remove your claws."

The woman's mouth dropped in horror. "Claws? This child dares to call my feet as claws?!"

The woman prepared to stomped onto the old man's hand, planning to anger the young woman.

Without batting an eye, Li Wei stuck out her feet and easily kicked the woman.

"Ah! Save me!" The woman screamed as her vision whirled in a flash. Fortunately for her, her two maids standing behind were able to catch her falling body.

Li Wei knelt down and brushed off the old man's hand. "Yeye, are you alright?"

Before the old man could reply, the shameless woman fired back. "Who are you? How dare you attacked me, don't you know who I am?!"

Li Wei rolled her eyes, she truly had no clue who this thick skinned woman was. It seemed people loved questioning her of their statuses.

She lazily turned to Song Yishan. "Who's she?"