Chapter 57: If We Meet Again

By the bedside was a beautiful white flower in a glass vase.

An alarmed Ye Dequan barged through the doors. It was afternoon and the prince wasn't awake yet.

"Your Highness, are you alright?" He asked, sitting casually on the bed. The prince had never waken so late before.

Khan Bojing's body stirred awake. "What's going on?"

Ye Dequan's eyes widened. "Your Highness, your neck..."

Khan Bojing froze. Oh no. He had totally forgotten. Yesterday, Li Wei...

"Bojing, what did I tell you about sleeping outside? Mosquitoes will still bite when there's meat, even if it's royalty."

"Is that so?" He let out a low chuckle. Right, his meat wouldn't be spared by a certain mosquito.

The loyal man took out a bottle of ointment. "Why don't I apply medicine for you?"

"N-no need." Khan Bojing backed up and jumped off the bed. To avoid Ye Dequan's eyes, he directly went to the opposite side and put on proper outer clothes. "Have Li Wei arrived yet?"

"The royal advisor's daughter? She's been here all morning with the young princess."

"You stay here. Inform me if anything happens," Khan Bojing patted his friends' shoulder.

Ye Dequan suspiciously eyed the prince, "Your Highness, where are you going?"

"Just shortly going to get revenge on those mosquitos."

"Wait, don't leave yet! Your medicine!"

"The mosquitos have the medicine. Guaranteed to be affective immediately." Khan Bojing slyly ran out the door.

"Ah...?" Ye Dequan was confused with the prince's response. Since when do mosquitos heal their own bites? And immediately effective?

He had got to study on this more.

---

In the princess' study, Li Wei drew a cute bunny with a brush. "Princess, what do you think?"

"Wah, it's adorable!" Khan Nazha smiled dazzlingly. "If you allow it, I'd like to hang this painting on my wall. I want to see it everyday!"

The princess' innocence brought a smile on her face. Li Wei didn't expected it'd be so easy to get along with Khan Nazha. How did they always bickered before? If only she knew how simple and kind the princess was, they could've been friends a long time ago.

"Princess, you are so kind," She blurted honestly.

Khan Nazha smiled shyly. "Thank you... That's what Song Yishan said too."

"Yishan? Right, what do you think about him?" Li Wei casually asked. This boy better thank her later.

"We're friends and he's kinder than the other boys his age. He always thinks about me, bringing back gifts from his travels. Last time, he made me a flower crown. Sometimes he come play with me so I'm not bored. Song Yishan is very good to me."

Khan Bojing happened to hear this. His eyebrows raised, "Nothing about this brother? Don't I play with you?"

"Brother!" Khan Nazha ran towards her brother, her eyes shining like jewels. "Of course, you're still the best."

He proudly patted his younger sister's head. "Good, you still know who treats you best."

Li Wei wanted to roll her eyes at the shameless man. Really, how could such a gentleman be so thick skinned sometimes?

"Brother, now that you're here, I'll go have lunch. You talk to big sister Biya first," The princess knowingly announced. To his brother, she quietly said, "Brother, you owe me one."