Chapter 28

"You are like a grumpy old man," Chloe complained, "Eat some more frozen yogurt."

"No," Dream said, sounding indifferent. "I've had enough."

"You're no fun today," Chloe huffed.

Dream sighed. "Sorry, it's just..."

"What?" Chloe grinned. "Spill it, Miss Dreamy."

"Don't call me that," Dream snapped. "And well...did I tell you about the time me and my friend Savannah well, pulled an unconscious girl out of a stream in the middle of the night?"

Chloe shivered. "Do I remember that? Yes, I was hoping you were lying and it didn't happen. Because if it was true, then I fear for you."

"Well," Dream sighed. "Yes, it's true. And Savannah texted me this morning that in the same stream, they found...two more students. Dead."

Chloe gasped. "Dream Ariella Cadison, you are scaring the sh--"

"Language," Dream reminded her.

"Shiitake mushrooms. I was going to say shiitake mushrooms," Chloe said. "Anyways, you are scaring the shiitake mushrooms out of me! You'd better not be lying."

"I'm not, here's the text."

Chloe read the text message over and over again, still slightly in disbelief. "Wow...this is... scary. And you think your history teacher did this?"

"She sued my dad, and hired some creepy tall guy to kidnap me and my friend Zac. I think she--" Dream paused when she saw Chloe's expression, and slowly realized what she just revealed.

"You. Were. Kidnapped?" Chloe stood up. Standing at only five foot one, Chloe wasn't tall by any means, and she was extremely skinny, but her piercing blue gaze was still rather intimidating.

"I...ah...well..."

"Dream Ariella Cadison, this better not be some sick joke!" Chloe wagged her pointer finger in front of Dream's face. Dream sighed, using her hand to push Chloe's down.

"Chloe Abigail Scott, I have no idea why you keep using my full name so much but, I can assure you, this isn't some joke."

"You didn't tell me," Chloe whined. "And," her voice turned more serious, "You need to tell your dad about this."

"No!" Dream said. "No one was hurt, we got out just fine. It's okay."

"It's NOT okay! Someone tried to kidnap you! If you don't tell your dad, I will!"

"Ugh," Dream grumbled. "I don't want him to worry about me though."

"As your parent, he should be worried. What if you hadn't somehow escaped?"

Dream bit her lip. She hadn't thought of that. "Fine, I'll tell him."

"Good, because we're going home now."

Dream panicked. "No!"

"Yes," Chloe said.

"I'd rather go to the mall," Dream grumbled as Chloe dragged her out of the frozen yogurt place.

"Are you kidding me? This is one of the few times I'd rather not be at the mall," Chloe retorted.

Dream grumbled. This was not going to be fun.

---

"Mr. Cadison," Chloe sang as they entered her house.

"You sound happy," Dream scowled.