Chapter 67

Four months later...

"What do you think of this?" Dream held up a pink dress. It had a light bodice that melted into a darker shade of pink near the bottom of the dress.

Her dad's wedding was in two weeks and everything was set. That is, except for her maid-of-honor dress.

The last four months had been rather uneventful. Mrs. Woods was sentenced to more than four hundred years in prison for her collective crimes, and Sinclair was given a life sentence.

"Ooh," Ava said. "That looks nice, hold on to that. I was thinking more along the lines of this, though," she held up a floor-length lilac dress with a laced bodice.

"Oh," Dream dropped the pink dress immediately. "That one looks so much better!"

"Or this," Ava said, picking up a light blue dress with off-the-shoulder sleeves.

"I love that too," Dream said dreamily. "Hey," she walked over to another rack of dresses. "This is pretty too," she held up a teal dress.

"The color is beautiful," Ava examined it, "But the long sleeves are slightly impractical. The wedding day is going to be very warm."

"Oh, that's true," Dream said, putting the dress back, "Let me see if there's anything else of the same color."

"Oh! Found one," Ava said. "Do you like this?" It was exactly the same color as the previous one, but sleeveless and very simple and understated.

Dream made a face. "Not really." She continued to search the racks for a dress, flipping through dress after dress.

"Savannah would enjoy this," she commented, "But as it is, she already owns more dresses than in this store."

Ava laughed, "That's true."

Dream suddenly gasped. "Ava. I think I found the one."

Ava walked over to see Dream's discovery. "Oh. My gosh. That is...breathtaking."

Dream held up a dress with a pink lace halter bodice, with a long satin rose gold skirt. "I've never been into dresses, but this..."

"Put it on," Ava demanded, marching Dream to the dressing room.

Dream rolled her eyes, but complied.

"So? How do I look?" she said,

Ava breathed. "Like the most gorgeous maid-of-honor ever to be at a wedding."

"So?" Dream grinned. "Is this it?"

"This is it."

---

"Trent, do you take Ava to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?" the wedding officiant said. Dream couldn't remember the guy's name to save her life.

"I do," Dream's dad said.

"Ava, do you take Trent to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?" Did his name start with a letter in the first half of the alphabet? Like 'g' or something, right? Was it Greg? No, no, it wasn't a 'g'. H, maybe? Dream groaned inwardly in frustration.

"I do," Ava spoke confidently.

"Then I pronounce the two of you husband and wife."

There was a smatter of applause from the guests as music played.