Chapter 14

When Dream woke up, she was no longer in the school gym. In fact, she had absolutely no idea where she was. There was a thick blindfold over her eyes, and her hands were tied together behind her, and it felt like there was also metal rubbing against her wrists. Handcuffs, maybe? She was sitting in a chair, as far as she could tell. She tried to stand up, but the rope that tied her to the chair wouldn't budge. Also, there seemed to be handcuffs binding her ankles to the chair. She was stuck.

Maybe she could scream for help, she decided. She screamed as loud as she could, but she was mortified to discover that she couldn't even hear herself screaming. That explained the uncomfortable feeling in her ears. There must be ear plugs in her ears.

Ugh, Dream thought. How did this happen?

Then, she felt someone standing in front of her. In a swift second, something coarse rubbed against her ears. The earplugs were gone.

"Dream Cadison. Enjoying yourself?" a voice said. That dreadful, hated voice. The same voice Dream heard right before she fainted in the school gym.

"Who are you?" Dream said, trying to keep the fear out of her voice. Too late, she realized her voice was shaky. Her heart couldn't stop pounding. Of course, she had basically just been kidnapped. What did she expect?

The thing was, Zac had said that Mrs. Woods was the kidnapper. But it wasn't Mrs. Woods that she saw in the gym. And it certainly wasn't Mrs. Woods who was speaking to her now.

"Who am I?" the voice said, chuckling darkly. "Who am I?"

Dream shuddered. The voice belonged to an extraordinarily tall person, most likely a man, from the deepness of the voice. That much she knew. But she had no idea what this person looked like. The person was dressed in a black hood from head to toe, and Dream guessed the person was around seven feet tall.

"I am merely here to welcome your stay. Enjoy yourself, because you will be here for a long time. And do not bother screaming. These walls are soundproof."

With that, Dream heard a door open, then close. The click of a lock. Then, all was silent again.

Dream grunted. There had to be some way to escape. Right? She just had to somehow...get out of her handcuffs, untie her hands, untie herself from the chair, and get out of the handcuffs around her ankles. Oh, and all while blindfolded. How amazingly, wonderfully, nice.

All she could do was sit back.

That is, until the door opened again. Someone silently walked in.

A few moments later, a few ropes were untied, and a few handcuffs were undone. Whoever did it immediately fled the room before Dream lifted her blindfold.

Weird.

The room was actually rather small, and every inch of the room was covered in thick layers of soundproof pads. There were no windows, just a metal door that had been left open.

Who helped me? Dream wondered. And why would they help me?

As weird as it was, Dream suddenly realized that in her panic, she had completely forgotten about Zac. When she arrived at the gym, he hadn't been there. If he had bothered to show up, it was very likely he would have been taken by that man, too, and locked up, maybe in a similar room. She wondered if he was in a room in the same building, or someplace else. Dream shook her head. She watched way too many movies, especially on planes, since her and her dad moved and traveled around so much.

She looked at her watch, which was now scratched from the handcuffs. It was now 5 in the evening. Her dad didn't expect her to be home yet. Not for around another hour. So, where was she? She remembered she had left her phone in her backpack in her locker. She groaned. Why, oh, why.

Well, she would never find her way around if she stayed in this room. She left cautiously, careful not to make too much noise. Well, even if she made any noise, no one would hear it because of the thick soundproof pads in the room.

She slowly left the room, closing the metal door behind her. She was now in an empty corridor. It was dark, and there were many doors. Dream knew better than to go into one of those doors, so she looked at which ways she could go. She could go right, down the hallway, or left, a path that led to a flight of stairs that went upward. She decided to go right instead of left, thinking it would be safer.

Well, unfortunately for her, she walked down the entire length of the hallway only to find a flight of stairs exactly identical to the ones she would have gone up if she had decided to go left.

Sighing, as it was her only way out, she slowly began to climb up the stairs when something stopped her.

"Dream? Dream!" a voice called behind her.

---

A/N

So here's Chapter 14! Hope you guys enjoyed it! 🙂

am_skylet Guess what? You were right, it wasn't Mrs. Woods! Sorry for confusing you (hehe) but it was kind of necessary... 😈

Another set of questions❓because I'm curious 👀: 

1. Who do you think saved Dream? 🤔

2. Who do you think kidnapped Dream? 💀

3. Who do you think called behind Dream at the end? 🧐

Anyways so long! 👋Next update is going to be on Friday, don't forget to check that out!! ✌️

Love you all! 💕

💙, Stella Rose