Chapter 29

"I'll miss you so much," Chloe complained, as she hugged Dream one last time.

"I'll miss you too," Dream sighed. "I wish we could have had more time together."

"You know," Mrs. Scott said. "We're actually thinking of going to Brooklyn for winter break, so the girls can spend some more time together."

Chloe and Dream squealed at the same time.

"That'd be awesome!" Dream said.

"Yeah!" Chloe said. "We get to visit New York, have fun, visit New York..."

"You said that already."

"You're no fun," Chloe pouted.

"We really need to go," Dream's dad said.

"Aw," Dream said sadly. "Bye..."

"Bye," Chloe said, waving. "I'll text you about winter break!"

With that, Dream and her dad went into the airport.

"I hear you girls are making plans for winter break," her dad commented as they stood in line.

"Yeah," Dream smiled at the thought of spending winter break with Chloe. "Mrs. Scott said they're thinking, but I really hope they do come to New York for vacation."

"That's good," her dad said.

There was an awkward moment of prolonged silence. Dream's phone vibrated with a text, and she checked it, her eyes widening.

Savannah: Ugh. Mrs. Woods rescheduled the court date to mid-January. They said they'll send us the new date when it gets nearer."

Dream groaned inwardly.

When will this end?

---

"I picked up your homework for you while you were gone," Zac said, grinning evilly as he slipped into his seat next to Dream's in history. "Dropped it off in front of your apartment."

"Why are you smiling like that?" Dream said, suspicious. Although, she was in a good mood that morning because she somehow convinced her dad to not report her being kidnapped to the police.

After all, it wasn't like there was any possible positive outcome for that anyway.

"Oh, you know. Just picked up some extra credit work too. After all, you are a nerd."

Dream rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah," she complained. "Why can't I have a friend who's in all my classes who isn't super mean?"

"I'm not mean," Zac teased. "I'm just giving you what you want."

"Since when is more and more homework what I want?"

"I thought you were a nerd, forgive me for misjudging you," Zac said, amused. "But to be fair, you lived at my house for a few days and homework was literally everything you did."

"Not true. I ate, slept, talked with you, played games with you, and read for fun!"

Zac snorted. "Did you really just say...read for fun?"

Dream huffed. "Stop making fun of me, you're so mean."

"Oh and by the way," Zac said, "While you were gone, I met up with your friends. They're like the three Musketeers, of sorts."

"Heh?"

"They wanted to go to a ski resort for winter vacation. LaFontaine Ski Resorts, or something. They invited me, and they were going to invite you over lunch, but I decided to tell you first."

"Wow," Dream said. "Way to ruin the element of surprise."

"It's expensive though," Zac said. "So they want to get a couple more people to join."

Dream shrugged. "LaFontaine Ski Resorts? I can probably get us in for free. Marc is my godfather."

Zac gaped at her. "Did you just call...the Marc LaFontaine...MARC? And he's your...godfather? Wh-what?"

"He and my dad are like best friends," Dream shrugged. "No biggie."

"I will never understand you," Zac said, shaking his head. "Really though? LaFontaine Ski Resorts, for free?"

Dream shrugged, wondering what the big deal was. Sure, Marc was one of the richest men in Europe, so what? Oh wait...now that she thought it, she kind of understood and justified people's shock. She slouched in her seat, feeling bored. "Hey, it's 7:05," she said. "Where's Mrs. Woods?"

"Mrs. Woods won't be back until winter break. Didn't I tell you that already?" Zac said.

"Hm. Yeah," Dream said. "Our sub is late."

"Oh hey! Miss Jansen is coming," someone in their class said.

Dream turned to look at the familiar face who just walked in.

What...?

---

A/N

Did any of you guys find this chapter cute? I did. I hope some of you guys thought it was cute, lol <3

Sorry for leaving you guys on another cliffhanger 😛 Who do you guys think just walked in?

Please vote, comment, and share this book with your friends! Thanks :)

Next update is going to be on Friday, so please stay tuned for that! Love you all!

💙, Stella Rose