Chapter 56

"Hello?" Dream nervously said. Even though there was a light, the place was still empty, foreign, and Dream was really scared.

"Hi Dream!" Chloe jumped out.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Dream shrieked for almost thirty seconds, running out of the cabin.

"Okay? That was weird," Chloe shrugged, leaving the cabin.

"I swear, I just saw a ghost," Dream said, breathing heavily.

"It's okay, take a deep breath," Sawyer calmly said.

"Yeah, good idea," Savannah said, "You're just giving us more resources to get revenge on Dream."

"Huh?" Dream said.

"Nothing, nothing," Savannah flicked her wrist.

"Hey guys," Chloe said.

Axel's eyes widened. "Chloe?"

"For someone who barely spoke to me while I was with you guys during winter break, you sure seem excited to see me," Chloe put her hands on her hips, looking up at Axel. "But hi."

"You seem...okay," Dream looked her best friend up and down.

"Actually, I'm fine."

"Then what was that phone call about?" Zac demanded.

Chloe looked confused, then laughed. "Oh! That! You see, I was somewhat kidnapped, so I was scared and I called Dream. But turns out it was just the cute demon spawn! He's been really entertaining."

"What," Axel hissed, sounding annoyed.

"The cute little demon spawn. Francesca and Fatima's eight-year-old brother? He's adorable, and he's been showing me his snakeskin collection."

"You mean, the same kid who tried to get a poisonous snake to kill us?" Dream said, beginning to get angry.

"Calm down," Chloe shrugged. "Francesca was there too, so she made sure he didn't do anything dumb. And there's another kid there about his age, Calum's also super adorable."

"Wait," Dream narrowed her eyes, "Then how come you didn't call and tell us that you were okay? You made us super worried!"

"Well, sorry?" Chloe looked guilty, but not guilty enough for Dream to believe her.

"Okay," Dream demanded, "What is going on here?"

"Sinclair's watching," Chloe hissed out slowly and quietly.

"What?" Dream said.

"Just, act as inconspicuously as possible. Come on, let's go back to the cabin, I'll explain everything where no one else can hear."

---

"Chloe's back!" Damon said excitedly, jumping up and down. "Hi Chloe!"

"Hey Damon," Chloe sat down next to him.

"Can I have another mint?" Damon asked, pouting.

Chloe sighed. "Sorry, I don't have any more."

Damon sulked, glaring at the rest of the group, who had followed Chloe in. "Oh, it's the ugly people," he said angrily.

"Hey, who are you calling ugly?" Savannah frowned.

"I'm calling you ugly," Damon spat back.

"Be nice," Francesca warned him.

"I don't want to," Damon said.

"Hey Damon, come here and check this out," a blonde haired boy about Damon's age and height tapped his shoulder. He had the largest blue eyes Dream had ever seen.

"Okay, fine," Damon sulked, but followed his friend.

"I'm assuming that was Calum?" Dream said, sitting down next to Francesca, as her friends talked to Chloe nearby. Francesca nodded. "Okay so, exactly what is going on here?"

"Well..." Francesca lowered her voice. "Last night...actually, more like this morning, Chloe and I called you and planned a meet up, remember?"

"Well yeah, that was less than twelve hours ago. Of course I remember."

"So," Francesca continued, "We were going to meet, but Fatima ran into an...emergency, and needed me to watch Damon. But we had plans, so I was going to drop Damon off at his friend's house. But Fatima didn't tell me that Calum was actually going to come over to our place, so Calum's parents were already on their way out. So, Chloe and I were stuck with two eight year old boys."

"Okay, and?"

"So we were going to go to your house, but Damon said he could call someone to watch him and Calum. So, I thought, great! Right? Well, until I realized that 'someone' was Sinclair. Did I freak out? Yes. Did I do it in front of Damon? No. Big mistake. Sinclair showed up and didn't take just Damon and Calum."

"Couldn't you and Chloe escape? And didn't you beat up Sinclair many times?"

"We can escape," Francesca shrugged, "But why run away when there's an opportunity to get more video evidence of what Sinclair would do?
"Ah," Dream shrugged. "So, what have you got?"

"Nothing," Francesca confessed. "He didn't really do anything."

"So..." Dream paused. "What are we still here for?"

"Nothing, I guess."

"Then...let's go? We still need to talk about...you know..."

"Oh, right," Francesca stood up. "Is your place okay?"

"Yeah," Dream said.

"Then...let's go."

"Nobody's perfect! I gotta work it! Again and again till I get it right!"

"Um," Francesca hesitated, "Is that Hannah Montana music?"

"Oh sorry," Dream reached for her phone, which was in the back pocket of her jeans, "That's my phone ringing. Hello?" she answered it..

"Dream, where are you? And why is your wheelchair in your bedroom?"

"Oh, hey dad," Dream chuckled nervously.

"You're still grounded! Come back home this instant!"

Dream groaned. "Yes, I was coming back anyways."

"And no friends are allowed over."

"Wait, what? But dad--"

"No buts."

"Seriously?! And why am I even grounded? It's not fair!"

"I don't care if it's fair or not," her dad said, sounding tired, "I'm your father and I'm telling you to come home right now. Party's over."
"Great," Dream said, angrily hanging up her phone.

What were they going to do now?

---

A/N

Did I scare you guys in the last 2 chapters for nothing? I guess I did muahahaha >:)

Anyways XD, thanks soooo much for reading! Now should be a good time to thank you guys for 4K READS!!! Like my goal when I first published this book was like 100 reads XD. I had no idea we'd get more than 40 times that!!! Anyhow, love you all!

Next update: Monday!

💙, Stella Rose