Chapter 20

"We would like to report a missing person in the area of Brooklyn, New York. Her name is Dream Cadison. She is currently fifteen years old and a sophomore attending Pebblebrook Creek High School. Her height is estimated to be roughly 5 foot 3 inches, and her physique is rather skinny. She is noted to have long light brown hair and her eye color is hazel. This is a picture of her, taken one month ago. If you have seen her, please report to the police."

"So," Savannah said, sounding amused, setting down her phone, on which she just pulled up the news. "Is there a reason why you are on the news as a missing person?"

"Ughhhhh," Dream moaned, putting her head in her arms. "This is so embarrassing."

"Actually, it's really funny," Sawyer said. "What happened?"

"I ran away from home and I'm pretty sure my dad reported me as missing."

"No, what actually happened?" Axel said, looking suspicious. "Is this your idea of a practical joke, because if yes, then dang, you're good."

"I mean, seriously," Dream said. "I was mad at my dad, so I decided to run away. I packed up everything, then Zac offered me to stay at his place, so I did the horrifying act of jumping out of a window into another window. Both windows were ten stories high, I'm telling you. And yeah, now my dad probably thinks I got kidnapped or something. He literally blew up my phone with phone calls and texts for the past 4 hours."

"Zac?" Savannah said. "As in, Zac, Zac? As in, Zac Tyler? I mean, like you're talking about the he's the I-don't-care-about-anything-or-anyone-Zac right? He offered you to stay at his house?"

"Not really his house," Dream said. "His apartment. But yes, the Zac who cares about nothing."

"He's popular," Sawyer commented. "And he's literally the weird cliche 'school bad boy', black leather jacket and all that stuff. Not the type of people I imagined you to become friends with."

"He sits next to me in history. And we share a special hatred of a particular teacher. Named Mrs. Woods."

"Ah," Axel laughed. "I see."

Savannah's phone rang. "Hold on guys, give me a sec." She turned, answering her phone. "Hello? Yes? Yes, this is Savannah Jameson. What? Really? Oh my gosh! Okay, I will. What? No, she's right with me. Oh, wait, never mind. Yeah. All's good. Okay. Thanks!"

"What was that?" Dream said, narrowing her eyes.

"Remember Lili Robinson?" Savannah said. "The girl we rescued from the woods a few months back?"

"Yeah?" Dream said, taking a bite of her burger.

"She woke up from her coma!"

Dream spit out what she just ate, and it hit Sawyer on the face. He winced, wiping it off with his fingers, then wiping his fingers on Axel's soccer jersey, earning himself a death glare from his friend. "Ew."

"Sorry," Dream said. She turned to Savannah. "That's great news! Is she doing okay?"

"She's doing great!" Savannah said. "The thing is...she was kidnapped. Some police officers have gone in to talk to her, and it looks like although she wasn't kidnapped by Mrs. Woods, your history teacher is still the one behind this whole shenanigan."

"Wait," Dream narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "Who kidnapped her?" She took another bite of her burger.

"Some huge, extremely tall man dressed in black with this hood covering his face," Savannah frowned. "Sounds to me like she's been hallucinating."

Dream spit out what she just ate. Again. And it hit Sawyer on the face. Again. He grunted. "What the heck?!"

"Sorry..." Dream said. "She's not hallucinating," she said. "Something happened yesterday...I swear she's telling the truth."

"Well, yeah, either way," Savannah said. "We heard her saying 'woods' over and over again in the forest right? Well, Lili Robinson is taking Mrs. Woods to court next week, and we have to testify."

"Cool!" Dream said. "When's the court date?"

"Police are going to be there," Savannah said. "You're currently reported as missing. You sure you want to turn yourself in?"

Dream rolled her eyes. "Me being missing for a week will teach my dad his lesson well enough."

Axel laughed. "This is better than a murder mystery novel."

"What if it is?" Savannah said, lowering her voice so it sounded spooky. "A dreary day. A rainy night. Dream Cadison and Savannah Jameson find Lili Robinson in a stream, dying. They save her life. The real question. Who!" she said, making exaggerated motions and gestures with her hands. "Did! It! Read this novel to find out!"

Axel and Sawyer laughed. Dream shifted uncomfortably. They probably wouldn't find it so funny if they realized what was really going on.

It definitely wasn't fun, that's for sure.

---

A/N

Chapter 20 is here! A pretty lighthearted chapter to balance out all the crazy intense things in the previous chapters :)

I'm a little busy today, so I won't give you a long author's note. But thanks for reading! And please vote if you found this chapter funny :) Also, don't forget to comment some of your thoughts!

Please share this book with your friends if you think they'll like it. 

Next update is going to be next Friday. Yes, in a week 😭 😭 😭 I just started hosting an awards, and that takes a lot of work. But please do stay tuned! Something big is going to happen in the next chapter that you won't want to miss!!

That's it for today! Bye, love you all!

💙, Stella Rose