Chapter 46

"Ahh!"

Dream woke up to a familiar scream.

"Chloe?" she asked, her eyes fluttering open. "Wait, what the freak?"

They - as in, her, Chloe, Savannah, Sawyer, Axel, and Zac - were tied to chairs. In the living room of their cabin. And, there was no easy way to put it, there was a snake, hissing, coming in their direction.

Damon laughed, as evilly as a cute eight-year-old could. "You guys are going downnn," he taunted.

"Let us go! This isn't funny!" Savannah yelled. "We're going to die."

"Good," he said, his eyes showing no remorse. "Then you guys won't be able to put my mom in jail," he crossed his arms.

Oh. That's what this was about? This child had been spending way too much time with Fatima, apparently.

"Damon, are you okay in there? Are they waking up?" Francesca or Fatima's voice came from through the front door.

"Yep," Damon said cheerfully.

"Let us go!" Dream screamed, hoping whichever twin it was behind the door could hear her.

"What's that sound?"

"Nothing," Damon said, shooting Dream a nasty look she didn't think was possible. Dream's heart stopped. That look was one of a true psychopath. And, the snake hissed, coming closer to them. "They're just beginning to wake up, that's all."

"Really? I'm going to check..."

"Francesca or Fatima! Whoever you are! He's trying to kill us!" Savannah screamed.

The door burst open, Francesca looking at the scene with wide eyes.

"Damon, what the," she said angrily. "Why'd you tie them up?"

"I wouldn't go step in here if I were you," he said smiling sweetly.

"Why--" Francesca saw the snake. "Oh. My. Gosh. You really are the spawn of the devil."

"Fatima says I'm exactly like Mom," Damon said proudly.

"That is not a good thing," Francesca hissed. "Untie them, right now!"

"But--Frannie," Damon protested.

"I SAID UNTIE THEM!"

Damon huffed, obeying. Dream and everyone else jumped to the door, trying to get as far away from the snake as possible.

"Good thing I always carry this in my bag," Francesca muttered under her breath, bringing out a small vial.

"Nooo, Barney Boy," Damon wailed.

Francesca whipped her head around, silencing him with a glare. "And last time I checked, his name was Alexander the Snake, and it's not like this is going to kill him."

Damon huffed, crossing his arms. "You're mean."

"Yeah, I'm mean when you try to kill my friends," Francesca snorted, opening the vial and scattering some of its contents on the ground somewhat near the snake. The snake hissed slightly, eating up what Francesca put on the ground, and fell still.

"I could have killed all the bad guys," Damon said sourly as he picked up his snake and left the cabin.

"Sorry about that," Francesca said, "I noticed Fatima was gone for an unreasonably long time and found her with you guys, all asleep. So I brought all of you back to the cabins and told Damon to put you guys in your own cabin, and looks like he got...busy." When everyone stayed silent, she sighed, "He was primarily raised by Fatima, and her change of heart came...two hours ago or something like that. Honestly, even I was surprised when she woke up and talked about helping you guys."

"Did she now?" Dream asked.

"Yeah. What did you do, Miss Miracle Worker?"

"Well...it's a long story," Chloe cut in.

"Yeah, it has to do with a few almost-deaths," Savannah still seemed angry.

"Huh?" Francesca looked confused.

"It was all Dream's doing," Sawyer commented.

Zac shrugged. "I really wouldn't have minded if Dream hadn't..."

"Well," Axel interrupted Zac, "Now we have one more person on our side."

"What is going on?" Francesca asked.

Savannah curled her lip. "Fatima tried to kill Dream by purposely pushing her into a lake."

"Then Sawyer pulled her out and Chloe saved her," Axel continued.

"And Savannah got into a fight with Fatima because she was mad Fatima tried to kill Dream," Zac said.

"Which caused the car we were in, to tip over and fall into the lake," Chloe said, "But all of us except Fatima got out in time."

"Then a few people," Sawyer looked at his sister, "Wanted to just let Fatima die, but Dream decided to save Fatima."

"So when Fatima found out what we did, she realized that what we do was much more ethical and better, I guess, than what she would do. So she decided to join us," Dream said.

"And then you guys had no way to get back to the cabins, so you all went to sleep because of the cold, and then I rescued you guys and you woke up here?" Francesca guessed.

"Pretty much," Chloe shrugged.

"Well," Francesca said, "It's a good thing you guys convinced Fatima. Now we just need a solid plan and our win in court will be secure."

If only life were that simple.

---

A/N

So do you guys remember how in the last update, I promised a new story about this book? Well I was sick yesterday! And I have a surprise test today!!! Yay!! It's due in a few hours, so I need to study for that and take the test, so I'm sorry I didn't have time to do it today lol...

I'll try my best to do it on Wednesday XD

Now, back to the chapter lol. Did anything about this chapter surprise you? What do you guys think is going to happen next? 

The next chapter is really long, and it's also a game changer, so don't forget to stay tuned for that!

Oh and by the way, thanks so much for 3.5k reads lol. When I first wrote this book, I literally freaked out over 100 reads. Like, I was freaking out, texting my friends, like "OMG I have 100 reads!!" And then I hit 1k (I did not think that would even be possible lol) and now this?? Thank you guys sooo much!

Speaking of which, it would mean a lot if you voted, commented, or shared this story (if you feel like it XD).

Anyways, thanks for reading! Love you all!

Next update: Wednesday

💙, Stella Rose