Chapter 36

A/N: Cover above made by IceBlueShadows!

---

"Aww," Chloe sighed. "Little Miss Dreamy is a peacemaker."

Dream glared at her. "Do not call me 'Little Miss Dreamy'. That's a truly sacrilegious nickname. I can do without, thank you very much."

Chloe shrugged it off. "Like I was saying, you did wondrously today."

"What is up with your vocabulary today?" Dream frowned. "You're seriously freaking me out."

"Sorry," Chloe smiled innocently. "I use big words when I get excited."

"Since when?" Dream asked. "I've known you for over a year and you're excited 24/7 and you never use big words."

"That's what you think."

"Right," Dream said sarcastically.

"Anyways, I'm so impressed," Chloe said, clapping. "You successfully nulled the feud between the Baren family and," she paused for dramatic effect. Or, she didn't know what to call the group. "The random students of Pebblebrook Creek High who hate Francesca Baren."

Dream sighed, sitting on the bottom bunk of the bed, where she was going to be sleeping that night. "I did no such thing. I wish I did, though," she said somewhat bitterly. "Just because Fatima stayed for dinner and everyone seemed to like her doesn't mean they completely forgive Francesca. They probably all still hate her."

"Zac doesn't hate her," Chloe pointed out.

"Yeah, but she kind of saved him when he got knee-deep in some serious..." Dream paused, searching for the right word, "trouble. He pretty much owes her his life."

"Yeah," Chloe said. "If I were you or Zac, I wouldn't hate Francesca either."

---

A loud "ping" woke Dream up. She groaned, rubbing her eyes. What time was it? She reached for her phone, seeing that it was just after midnight. A text message just came through.

Savannah: We have an emergency.

Dream: What?

Savannah: Remember I told you that they found two dead Pebblebrook Creek High students in the same stream where we found Lili Robinson?

Dream groaned. The last thing she needed was more of this.

Dream: Yeah?

Savannah: The police have been searching through their phones and found some disturbing stuff.

Dream: Really? What did they find?

Savannah: Some text messages between the two students.

Savannah: Apparently they were talking about something related to illegal money printing.

Savannah: And illegal drugs, that kind of thing.

Dream: And this is relevant?

Savannah: Somehow this ties back to Mrs. Woods.

Dream: How?

Savannah: IDK

Dream: Wait.

Dream had an evil idea. Chloe's suggestion of bringing everyone together with a common goal and focus brought some interesting thoughts into her mind.

Savannah: ??

Dream: I think there might be one person who knows what is going on.