Chapter 33

"Okay, introductions are in order," Dream said. She and Chloe just arrived at Savannah and Sawyer's house, where a van was waiting to drive the group to the ski resort.

"You must be Chloe," Savannah said excitedly. "Dream told me a ton about you. You sound like a cool person!"

"Savannah, right?" Chloe said, jumping up and down. "Yeah! Dream told me a lot about you too!"

"You're both the type to enjoy shopping, clothes, fashion, things like that, you'll be great friends," Dream said dryly. Honestly, she never understood why either of them loved those things so much.

"OMG!" the two girls shrieked at the same time. Dream suppressed a giggle. Yep, those two girls will bond just great.

"That, boys, is Chloe," Dream said to Sawyer, Axel, and Zac, who awkwardly stood to the side, watching the two crazy girls scream at their love of similar things.

"She's exactly like Savannah," Sawyer wrinkled his nose. "Why, oh why. Well, except for her...er...interesting...choice of clothing," he said, referencing Chloe's bright, colorful, mismatched style.

"Savannah's not bad," Zac defended. "In fact she's pretty nice." Dream raised her eyebrows, looking at her friend. Zac noticed Dream's gaze and quickly added, "She's a good friend, okay?"

"Has she ever said a single word to you?" Dream frowned. "Like an actually enunciated, clear, understandable word?"

When Zac didn't answer, Dream smirked. "I won't mind attending your wedding if you apologize for picking up so much stupid extra credit work," Dream sang, before taking a sip of water from her water bottle.

"I won't need to, you're literally Savannah's only female friend, most likely you'll be her maid-of-honor."

Dream spit out all the water it just drank, hitting Sawyer in the face.

"What the heck Dream?! This has happened for like, fifty times already!" Sawyer spat.

"Sorry..." Dream said, giggling. "But Zac wants to marry your sister!"

"MARRY HER. TAKE HER AWAY," Sawyer said. "AND MOVE TO ANTARCTICA WHERE I'LL NEVER HAVE TO SEE HER AGAIN IN MY LIFE."

"I didn't say that," Zac said, turning red.

"I talked about your future wedding, and you immediately assumed Savannah would be your bride," Dream said, smiling smugly.

"That's because you were talking about her earlier--"

"Uh huh...and you did nothing to deny it."

Zac's face was now redder than a tomato. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," he tried to play it cool.

"The van is leaving in ten minutes, we should get on!" Savannah said, running towards them. She turned to Dream. "Chloe. Is. AMAZING."

Dream nodded. "I knew you'd like her."

"Why does Sawyer look so happy, Axel look so weirded out, and Zac look so embarrassed?" Savannah frowned, looking at the boys.

"I'm not weirded out, I'm intrigued," Axel said.

"Axel, don't," Dream said, but couldn't keep the smile off her face.

"Dream was discussing your future wedding plans with Zac," Axel said.

"DREAM!" Savannah shrieked. "How could you?"

"It's okay, because I bet Zac likes you too," Axel smirked. Next to him, Zac walked away towards the van, not wanting to take part in this conversation again.

"Sto-o-o-o-op," Savannah groaned as they also began walking to the van. "I have the worst friends ever."

"Don't worry," Dream said. "We have a three-bedroom cabin, so we have two girls in one, two boys in another, and that last room will have to be shared by one girl and one boy."

"Dream and Chloe in one room, I'll take one room with Sawyer, and we'll let the lovey-dovey couple have the last one," Axel said.

"Sounds good to me," Sawyer agreed.

"Nooo," Savannah buried her face in her hands in embarrassment.

Dream sighed. "As much as I like that arrangement...just no..."

"What do you suggest?" Sawyer asked.

"Axel and Zac, and Sawyer and Savannah," Dream said. "Then, me and Chloe."

"What? No way!" Sawyer grumbled.

"You guys lived in the same womb for nine months, is it really that hard to live in the same room for five days?"

Savannah and Sawyer still grumbled but Dream had a point.

"Fine."

"Oh," Chloe jumped over to where the group was. Previously she was on the phone with her parents. "Do you know how long it will take for us to get there?"

Dream shrugged. "Less than an hour."

"Okay!" Chloe said.

The ride to the resort was awfully awkward and quiet. Savannah, not wanting to be tormented anymore by Dream, put on an eye mask and slept through the entire trip. Sawyer and Axel, sitting at the very back of the van, were talking in hushed voices. Zac was on his phone, occasionally looking up at Dream to shoot her a glare. Dream smiled to herself. She knew that inside, Zac and Savannah still loved her, they just had to act annoyed because of her teasing.

And then there was Chloe, who had always been impatient during long road trips.

Dream felt something poke her in the side.

"Ow," she complained.

"Are we there yet?" Chloe whined.

"No," Dream snapped, slightly irritated that Chloe had been asking her the same question over and over again for the past thirty minutes.

"I'm bored," Chloe complained. A moment later, she asked, "Now, are we there yet?"

Dream groaned.

This was going to be a long trip. 

---

A/N

How I came up with the idea for "The Mrs. Woods Mystery" is a long and complicated story that has some spoilers, so I'll save it for another time. However, one thing you should know is that it is a trilogy. It always has been, from the start. This book is only the beginning.

But really, the storyline is up to you. The readers. I have the story in my head, but is what I write down really what you guys want to read? Because at the end of the day, I'm not the most important person in the telling of this story. You guys, the readers, are. You guys are what makes a difference between a jumble of words and a book. You are the only reason why I keep going.

And I just want to thank you for that. Whenever I'm feeling down, I log onto Wattpad and know I can find a supportive community of friends. Whenever I feel like my writing is horrible, I come here and read the comments you guys leave on my book. And I feel so much better 💜

But aside from the sappy stuff, I actually do need to know if you guys will actually keep reading this book and its sequels, or if I'm dragging it out wayyy too long 🤣🤣

Anyhow, thanks so much for reading! I hoped you liked this chapter. Please vote, comment, and share. We're at 2.5k reads which is a huge milestone! I don't know how to thank y'all for getting us where we are right now <3

The next update is going to be on Monday :) Sorry for the very long author's note lol!

💙, Stella Rose