Chapter 11

"Zac, I didn't get to ask you last night, but--" Dream began.

"Yeah?" Zac said, stopping. History had just ended and the students in Mrs. Woods' class could not have been happier to leave.

"Can I--maybe--tell Savannah about the whole Mrs. Woods thing? I mean, she helped me rescue the girl last night."

Zac grumbled slightly.

"It's only fair," Dream said.

"How about this," Zac suggested. "Don't tell her for now, but when we get a clearer lead, or the next time she finds out something important, then you can tell her."

"Fine," Dream agreed.

---

"AND then, I called the police," Savannah said excitedly at the lunch table. "AND Dream pulled the girl out of the water. AND then, the police came and an ambulance sent the girl to the hospital. The police talked to us a little bit about where we found the girl and stuff. Turns out she went missing last year! And she was a student here at Pebblebrook Creek High!"

"Okay, okay, you love to brag, we get the point," Sawyer said, looking extremely annoyed and maybe a little jealous.

Axel, on the other hand, looked impressed. "You guys saved a girl's life," he said. "Wow. That's just...amazing."

"The funny thing is that when she kept saying 'woods'," Savannah said. "She hasn't woken up yet but I need to ask her about that!"

"Huh," Sawyer said, beginning to take interest. "Does this have anything to do with the horrible, evil, rumored-to-be-a-witch Mrs. Woods?"

"No," Dream said quickly. "No. Of course not," she said, feeling terrible and uncomfortable for her lie. "Clearly she said 'woods' because we found her in the woods, remember, Savannah?"

"Why are you being so defensive?" Sawyer said. "I was just joking. You act like you actually like Mrs. Woods or something."

"Of course not," Dream scoffed. "Whoever likes Mrs. Woods as a teacher is not in their right state of mind. I mean, she gave us three one-thousand-word essays about physics. She's a history teacher!"

"Then...why were you acting so odd when Sawyer mentioned that the incident last night had something to do with Mrs. Woods?" Axel said, frowning.

Dream bit her lip, remembering her promise to Zac. "It's really complicated."

"Are you keeping secrets from us?" Savannah butted in.

"Oh my gosh!" Dream said. "I moved here from Miami three days ago, of course there's things you guys don't know about me. Yet."

"Okay," Sawyer said, smirking. "Then I guess we'll just have to wait for you to spill your secrets then."

---

"Dad, what's going on?" Dream said, entering her dad's room, where he was working. "You've been so stressed out lately."

"It's really nothing," he said. "The company is just running into some legal issues."

"Oh," Dream shrugged. "I was hoping you'd have some free time so we can get dinner or something." Back when she was younger and had no friends, at least her dad took her to dinner every night. Even though they moved around, that was something she could always count on, and she was slightly disappointed that didn't happen anymore, ever since they moved to Miami a year back.

"I'm sorry, buddy," he said, sighing. "There's just way too much to sort out here. But I can take you to the Burger Grill nearby, later. The boy who works there is nice."

"I guess," Dream said, feeling the slightest bit of consolation. "I understand."

"Now, don't you have homework to do?" he asked.

"You'd think a tenth grader would have homework," Dream sourly said. "But no, unsurprisingly, I finished it all during the three hours of detention Mrs. Woods gave me. But I wouldn't be surprised if she sent more later today." Just then, her phone beeped with a notification. Dream looked at it, groaning. "I guessed it. Psychology? What on earth is my history teacher doing assigning me psychology homework?"

Dream's dad shrugged. "At least she's teaching you to be well-rounded. Now, go and do your homework if you want to go to the Burger Grill later."

---

A/N

Whew! That's Chapter 11 for you guys! 🙂

Sorry this is kind of a filler chapter! But...after this, crazy thing after crazy thing is going to happen for several chapters! So don't forget to stay tuned for that!

Thank you so much for more than 500 views and 150 votes!! That's just... 🤯🤯🤯 I have no words!! Just... thank you!!

Don't forget to vote and comment, all of them mean the world to me! Also, I do read and respond to all comments! So please leave some! 🙃

Next update will be on Friday! Cya then!

💙, Stella Rose