Chapter 13

"Yes, it was definitely weird," Sawyer chimed in. "I still can't stop thinking about it."

"I mean, I can't wrap my head around it," Axel said. "It's possible, for Francesca," he said slowly, still stunned, "to be nice?"

Savannah shrugged. "I'd really like to see that with my very own eyes"

"I saw it with my very own eyes," Dream confirmed. "It's true."

It had been about a week. Axel and Savannah still could not believe what Dream and Sawyer had seen that night. Francesca was a common topic of discussion among them during lunch.

Yes, they were huge gossipers. Even the boys.

"But it doesn't make any sense," Axel said. "No matter how you put it. Everyone in school knows her as the nasty, mean, spoiled brat. Many of us have known her for years. Things are just not adding up."

"Maybe there's another side of her no one has ever bothered to see," Dream shrugged.

"I highly doubt it," Savannah said, still in disbelief. "Trust me. I know Francesca."

---

Three months later...

"Dream: Meet me at the gym after school. Your detention is waived for the day."

Dream stared at the note she found in her locker. Who was it from? She didn't recognize the handwriting, and the person who wrote it didn't bother to sign their name. On top of that, who the heck had the authority to waive her detention? Was it a trap?

"What is that?" Zac said, walking past her. Dream jumped, shoving the note into her locker and slamming it shut.

"Nothing," she lied.

"Funny," Zac said. "Because I seem to have gotten the exact same note."

"Really," Dream raised her eyebrows.

"Aha! I knew you had gotten a note."

"So, you didn't get a note?" Dream was confused. "Then how do you know I got one?"

"I did," Zac said. "I was just checking to see if you had gotten one too."

"What did yours say?"

"To meet the anonymous note-writer after school in the gym," Zac said. "Oh, and for some reason, whoever wrote the note has the power to take away my detention. Oddly."

Dream shrugged. "It might be a trap. I'm not going to go, just in case."

"Whatever," Zac said. "The punishment for missing detention is more detention. Makes no difference to me," he called over his shoulder as he walked off.

Huh. Weird, Dream thought.

---

Dream walked into the classroom, grunting from the heavy weight of her backpack.

"What is your name?" the teacher in the detention room said. Every day there seemed to be a new teacher for detention. Dream wondered if it was because no teacher wanted to watch over all of Mrs. Woods's students plus a handful of misbehaved students.

"Dream Cadison."

"Dream Cadison?" the teacher pushed her glasses farther up the bridge of her nose, squinting at the attendance sheet in her hand. "I don't see your name here. You don't have detention today."

"Really?" Dream frowned. She began to turn around, when a question entered her head. "Wait. What about Zac Tyler? He's my friend. Is he on the detention list?"

The teacher squinted at the attendance sheet, looking up and down several times to make sure. "Nope. No Zac Tyler. No Dream Cadison. You are dismissed."

Confused, Dream left the room.

Who on earth has the power to take away my detention?

---

Dream stumbled into the gym, panting. She had stopped by her locker to shove her backpack in, and add that to her little trip to the classroom where detention was held, she was very, very, very late.

Maybe a little too late.

She looked around, seeing no one. She huffed. Wasn't at least Zac going to be there? And what about the person who had left the note for them? The person who wrote the note must have left with Zac before she arrived. She looked at her watch. It was 3:15. Seriously, she was only fifteen minutes late. People needed to have much more patience nowadays.

Confused and irritated, she decided to just leave the classroom. She whipped around and left, making her way to the door of the gym.

Thinking that nothing could ever make her more confused, she was proved wrong when, as she was about to reach the doorknob, she heard slow, loud, clapping behind her.

"Dream Cadison," the voice said.

Dream turned around, her eyes wide, before collapsing to the floor in a faint.

---

A/N

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

*shakes head at self* Why am I freaking out over something I wrote? Lmbo I'm so weird...

Anyways, that's Chapter 13 for y'all...

What do you think is going to happen? Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks y'all so much for every single vote, comment, or even just a read. They mean so much and I'm so thankful to all of you guys 🙂

Also 700 reads?!? I'm imagining things, right? Like just...wow...

Next update is going to be on Wednesday! Don't forget to check that out! Cya!

💙, Stella Rose