Twenty Eight

"Luka, hand me those streamers." Alya says, gesturing to the table next to where Luka stood.

"Oh! Right! Here you go, Alya." Luka said, handing her the decorations she requested.

"I think this surprise was a wonderful idea, Luka," Marinette speaks as she sets a few of the macarons she made on Chloes desk, then placing the rest on each desk in the classroom. Marinette pauses at Sabrinas desk.

Juleka and Rose enter the classroom, talking with each other as they begin to hang up streamers in the entrance. Luka walks over towards them for a moment and asks if they need any help. They say no, and Luka returns to putting decorations on the desks.

Adrien notices Marinette standing in front of Sabrinas desk and takes one of the empty trays from Marinette, "It's so odd how Sabrina isnt even in class anymore. She isn't making an attempt of showing up."

"Would you show up to class if you were the next Hawkmoth? It's all anyone is talking about." Alya says, "Other than the mayor being the original."

"It came as such a surprise to me, too." Rose says, joining the conversation, "How could the sweet and loving mayor of Paris do something so terrible?"

"I'm sure the lack of a complete family couldve changed him. It changed me," Luka says, "Of course, now I don't really have that problem, thanks to Chloe."

"It's so sweet, even before everything that happened, she was always doing things for you without a thought." Adrien says, "That was once a really hard thing for Chloe to do."

"She really did so much for our family. Everyone feels more at home now, especially when dad comes to visit." Juleka says.

"Even back then, before everyone put this pressure on her to change the way she was, I found her quite amazing. She wasn't afraid of anything, at least that is what it seemed at first. It's so admirable." Luka says, "She is like this unstoppable force, and it is definitely a force that just swept me off my feet."

"Aww, that's so romantic!" Marinette says, then grabbing Adriens hand, "I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have Adrien in my life, he's just perfect."

"I must say the same about my Rose, she's completely lovely." Juleka says, surprising the group.

"Aww, Juleka!" Rose squeals, hugging her girlfriend in happiness.

"Ugh, gross. All these mushy feelings!" Alya teases, looking at the group with a small glare.

Adrien ignores Alya and looks at Marinette excitedly, "I can't wait for our month-a-versary, Marinette. I have something special planned! I tried baking the other day, and it-"

Adriens voiced faded into the background as Luka turned towards Alya.

"They're one of those couples. Great." Alya says, "Nino and I try to keep that kind of stuff to a minimum. The whole public display thing is not either of our styles. We give each other gifts sometimes, but it doesnt happen with some grand gesture."

"Right, I understand." Luka says.

Just then, Ivan and Mylene enter the classroom, much to the group's surprise.

"Ivan? Mylene? Why are you both here so early?" Marinette asks.

"Oh, I'm sorry! We forgot that the Chloe surprise was today! We have our gifts already on the table though, thank goodness..." Mylene says embarrassed, looking at the decorations, "It looks lovely!"

"You can join us, if you'd like," Luka says, "We are almost finished anyway."

"Why are you both here so early?" Alya asks.