Twenty Nine

Luka was sitting outside on the edge of a dock, hoping that Chloe would be showing up before their interview that night. He knew she wouldn't show if it was right before the interview, so he decided to ask for around an hour before they would have to be there. He felt the nerves kick in as he waited for her to show up. Tikki came out of his pocket and asked him why he looked so nervous.

"I'm sorry, Tikki, I just don't know if she's going to show. I know we have something, but if I went too far by saying all that stuff about wanting to be with her forever, or that my feelings would never go away? Do you think that would scare her?"

"I don't think so, if you were being honest, I'm sure she appreciates that you were being honest with her."

Luka sighs in relief, "I sure hope so. I would never want to make her uncomfortable."

At that moment, he heard a rush of wind from somewhere nearby, causing him to look around. Soon, he spotted the feline hero herself, "Minou." He says, a smile spreading on his face.

"That's me." She says as she approaches, "Are you more comfortable if I'm Chloe??"

"Both are you, so I don't have a preference." Luka says.

"Right... Well, I suppose I'll be Chloe, then." She says, transforming back into her civilian form.

"I'm a bit surprised you showed up." Luka admits, earning a look from Chloe.

"Of course I would! I thought you would know since you said you would probably see me tonight."

"Right... I wrote that note in almost a minute, so I was just writing whatever came to mind." Luka admits, "Before you came in, I just grabbed a piece of paper and was writing away."

"I see.... Wait, you were all poetic without even trying? That isn't even fair!"

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll tone it down a bit." Luka laughs, blushing a bit as he looks at her.

"No, you don't need to tone it down! I like when you're all poetic!" Chloe admits, causing Luka to look at her with amusement.

"I see... I'll keep that in mind then." Luka says, looking away towards the sunset that sat in front of him.

"You know, what you said in that letter was... really nice." Chloe says, looking towards the sunset, "I know you wrote it in your letter, and you probably understand how I feel because I showed up, but I wanted to tell you this, even though I can't put things in a way that you could." Chloe glances at Luka's hand, and in a rush of nervousness and adrenaline, puts his hand in hers. She leans on his shoulder, not really sure of how to actually say the things she feels. She begins to speak after a moment of silence, "I have to admit, I'm unsure if using a word like love is something I want to do. I barely even know what love is. I never felt love from my parents, and obviously I care for my friends, but I don't think that could be considered love either. All I know is that things between you and I are different than anything I have experienced before. I know that isn't exactly an answer that I would be looking for, either, but... that's all I can give for now."

Luka sighs, leaning his head on top of hers while he smiles, "That's more than enough for me."

The sun was more than halfway below view, making the sky have just a glow of light. "Should we get going?" Chloe speaks up, beginning to stand up and holding out her hand.

"I suppose we should," He says, taking her hand. The two go transform and begin their travel across the city to their interview.

"Good evening, everyone. I am Nadja Chamack, and I am here with the saviors of Paris: Minou Noir and Coccinelle, who are finally coming out with the truth about the villains of Paris, old and new. Coccinelle, tell us: why such a long wait to reveal anything to the public?"