One

Chloe Bourgeois woke up one morning in an odd mood, unlike the one she usually is in. She felt strangely calm in her room, not angry that her alarm was going to ring in a few minutes. She gets out of bed to make a head start and calls for Butler Jean, her friend in a way, who helps her prepare for the school day.

"Good morning, Mademoiselle. I have prepared your clothing for today and made you a breakfast that I hope is satisfactory."

"Thanks, Jean Claude! Even if the breakfast looks... Burnt."

"That's not my name-"

"Anyway, Jean Rigatoni, I'm going to change so be gone!" Chloe demands, waving her arm in dismissal.

"As you wish, Mademoiselle." Jean says, exiting the room.

__

Luka Couffaine's eyes open to his sister, Juleka, jumping on him.

"Juleka what are you doing?!?" Luka groans, pushing his sister off of him and accidentally pushing her to the floor.

"Ow-" Juleka says, rubbing the back of her head that got hit off the bed frame.

"Oh I'm so sorry! Are you hurt??" He asks, getting up and looking down at his sister.

"I'm okay, just a bit sore."

"Well you shouldn't have attacked me in the middle of my sleep! Anyway, what is it??"

"Well I didn't want you to be late for the first day of school!"

"Thanks for the consideration, but I'm sure I'll be fine." He checks the clock and realizes it is still early. "It takes two minutes for me to get ready so it's okay, just head off without me, yeah??"

Juleka nodded, "I'm going to go over to Rose's house and walk to school with her."

Luka grabbed a few things in his room, putting them in his bag. "You and Rose seem to be hitting it off pretty well lately."

Juleka raises an eyebrow at her brother, "I have no idea what you're even talking about."

"I'm just saying you and Rose seem to be hanging out a lot. It's like you're dating or something."

"Yeah, yeah right! I'm not- I don't....Uh- I don't slide that way!!" Juleka said, her face turning red.

"You mean swing, right? And sure, whatever you say... You should get going if you don't want to miss your little walk-to-school date with Rose-"

Juleka gives Luka a glare.

"Fine! Not a date, but just wait until you guys are married and I called it all along."

"Sure. What's your next claim?? Pigs could fly?"

"They could just grow wings one day. You never know!" Luka jokes, "Now get going. For real."

"Okay. See you at school, Luka!" Juleka says, running out of the room with her stuff.

He laughs at his sister's denial and changes before leaving his room a few minutes later. He grabs his guitar and puts it on his back, starting to walk to school.

On his way, he runs into a girl on the sidewalk, one he didn't recognize at all. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

She glares, scoffing at him, "What gives you the right to run into me?"

"Huh? What is your problem? I apologized."

"It's utterly RIDICULOUS that you think that is enough to make this situation better! You should at the very least-"