Eleven

Chloe returned with a few trays from the kitchen just in time to see Coccinelle come out of the closet. "Did you get ahold of your family?"

"Yeah. I talked to my sister and she completely understood, so it'll be fine." He looks at all of the stuff in her hands and smiles, "I see you got a lot of food. Thank you, by the way."

"Of course, I'd do it for anyone. I'm extremely generous."

"Right," Coccinelle says with a small smirk, grabbing stuff to make a sandwich, "I'm surprised you would eat such commoner food."

"Usually I wouldn't, but since you're a secret guest, I didn't think you'd want me to alert my staff. And I'm realizing that maybe I don't need to eat that kind of food all the time. So I thought I'd try this out."

"I'm glad you're realizing things," Coccinelle says, making a turkey sandwich and handing it to Chloe. "Here."

She eyes it cautiously and looks back at him.

"It's only turkey, Chloe." He says and makes himself one, "I promise, it's good." He takes a bite and she reluctantly follows his lead, then continuing to eat the entire thing. "See?"

"That was pretty good," Chloe admits, then gets up, "I'm not super hungry because I ate a little while ago, so I'm going to go grab some things from downstairs. I gave my staff orders to not enter my room for the rest of the night because I wanted alone time, but sometimes they don't listen. So be cautious of being out in the open, okay??"

Coccinelle nods and continues eating from the things Chloe brought in, making sure to keep listening for anything suspicious.

"I'm back," Chloe says after a few minutes, entering her room with a box in her hands. "I brought some board games!"

Coccinelle looks at her in amusement, "We're playing board games??"

"Well, I thought it could be fun... My parents used to play them with me when I was a kid, but obviously things have changed since then, so... I haven't played any of them in years."

"Okay, okay... What do you have in mind?"

"I'm not sure, honestly. There's..."

The two go through almost all of the games in the box and before they know it, it's pitch black outside. The rain hasn't ceased, neither has the wind.

"I win again!" Chloe says with a childlike grin, putting the game back in its box.

"I give up. The all powerful Chloe has defeated me one too many times. You're too good." Coccinelle says dramatically followed by a laugh.

"Thank you, thank you, I'll be here to beat your butt all week." She says, amused.

"I know it's only been a little while, but I'm happy to see you having fun. The first time that we met, you seemed different."

" My friends are trying to change me, but I don't know what people expect from me.  It's not like anyone wanted to ever talk to me before now. The only reason anyone started talking to me is either because of Ivan or Luka, and though I appreciate them for helping me, I'm afraid that I may never truly prove to all of them the person they saw before wasn't me. I feel like it may haunt me for a long time until I am able to clear my name." Chloe says, looking at the ground.

"I'm sure they'll understand soon. If they're giving you a chance now, I'm sure that they aren't wanting to cause your downfall."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just... scared."

" You have every right to be, but you shouldn't let them change you. You should just let your guard down now and then, like the way you are right now. You told me things you haven't shared, and that is seriously an amazing thing. This side of you is amazing so why not live with this as your main part of you?"