Twenty Four

"I think that parent is my father." Chloe admits, causing everyone to look at her in surprise.

"Why would the mayor of Paris cause destruction for Paris?" Marinette asks.

"I don't know, but why would the akumatizations be so easy to defeat? Why has the holder been holding back, especially once my mother got into town?" Chloe asks.

"It's like they don't actually want to hurt people..." Alya mutters, "It makes sense."

"I don't know what to do." Chloe says, "I want to confront him. I want to scream at him, and ask him why. How. All of those questions keep swirling in my head. I don't understand what in the world is wrong with him."

"Chloe, I know this is really bad timing, but I made a mistake. I tried to investigate on my own." Marinette says, looking at the ground in shame.

"What happened, Marinette?" Chloe asks.

"I went to Sabrina's father's house to ask him questions about the investigation, but... I think Sabrina heard me."

"You're kidding." Luka mutters, looking at Marinette's guilt-filled expression.

"Why would you do that?!?" Chloe yells, looking at Marinette with slight rage.

"I'm sorry, Chloe. I know that I shouldn't have. I didn't mean to do it. I just wanted to know and help everyone." Marinette said sadly.

"No, Marinette! You know what?!? You're just going behind my back again, and doing things and-"

"Chloe..." Adrien interrupts.

"This is not my fault! I've been trying for years to get over the things that happened, but now, maybe I realize what happened! You lied to me and betrayed me. Like everyone else." Chloe says, starting to cry again.

"Chloe, I never lied to you. Sabrina told me that since we were friends, you had been going behind my back. She said that you were telling everyone that I was some worthless bakers' daughter who would never go anywhere in life."

Chloe stops and looks at Marinette in confusion, "I... Never said that."

They both realize at the same time what had happened.

"This is...Sabrina's fault?" Marinette asks.

"I.. All these years, I just believed her blindly." Chloe stammers, "What a technique."

"Look, Chloe. I know I screwed up, and now Sabrina may know what we're up to, but it's not too late. We can figure out a plan together and go from there. We can stop your father. Even if we don't know for sure if he did it. Right?"

"Right..." Chloe muttered, already formulating her own plan.

"Chloe, you have to promise me that you aren't going to do anything stupid." Luka says looking at her expression.

"I-"

"AKUMA ALERT NEARBY. LEAVE THE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY." A robotic voice roars over the speakers.

"Great. Of course." Chloe mutters.

"Let's go. Chloe, are you coming with us?" Adrien asks, insinuating her escape.

"I actually have a safe room, so I'm good, thank you." Chloe says with a slight fake smile.

"You'll be okay, right?" Luka asks, looking at her with concern.

"Yeah. I'll be okay."

"Be careful, Chloe." Nino says.

"You guys, too." Chloe says, waving at them as they run off. She then watches them run off before she transforms into Minou. She leaps out of the balcony as a new kind of anger takes over.