Twenty Five

Chloe, nearly breathless, bursts through the doors and runs upstairs without a word, causing Jean to worry immediately. It was never like Chloe to go by without saying a word, even before she had changed to who she is now.

"This isn't fair! I'm so stupid! I'm so dumb, I'm so dumb, ugh!!!" He hears her scream, stomping around like a child. Jean sighs, hoping this fit of anger will pass before dinner and allows her to have her space and time to let it out as he begins to prepare a meal.

Upstairs, Chloe finally gets a lot of her anger out, sitting on her bed in defeat. Plagg looks at her with concern, "What happened out there, kid?"

"I was so stupid. I almost put my aggression out on this child, and I created this giant cataclysm in the middle of the street. I could have hurt Coccinelle or someone innocent or the kid himself." She sighs, looking at her shoes that are dangling off the bedside.

"Hey, you were given this miraculous for a reason. You think you're the only one with a temper? I literally caused the dinosaurs to go extinct!" Plagg says.

Chloe stops being aggravated as it quickly morphs into confusion, "Wait, what?"

"Let's not get into the details right now. Look, either way, you guys still achieved what you were set out to do. No one was harmed and nothing was left damaged. Look at it that way."

"Right." Just then, Chloe's phone rings, the icon showing a picture of Adrien from when they were kids. Chloe picks it up and mutters a small greeting, "Hey, Adrien."

"Chloe, I know you have a lot going on, but you really should check the news. Now," He says, "They're talking about what happened in the akuma attack today."

Chloe reluctantly switches to the news station, seeing her heroic form in the middle of the screen with the headline 'Feline Falls: The End of Minou Noir's Career?' She turns up the volume as she hears the host, Nadia, speak.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news! Today's akuma attack caused quite a stir within Paris, and there are so many things to talk about. First up, of course, is one of Paris's heroes, Minou Noir. Minou decided to go off of a clearly aggravated impulse as she screams and causes fear into the hearts of civilians across Paris, destroying a part of the road with her cataclysmic powers. Is the hero going to turn on us all, or do we have nothing to fear? More when we get back."

Chloe looks at the television with defeat, Adrien being the first to speak, "I thought that I should let you know this was happening. I know it's a lot to handle, but..."

"Adrien I just can't do this again."

"What? What's that?"

"I can't handle everyone being disappointed in me again. Not as Chloe, and not as Minou, either. I need to set the record straight. Now."

"Chloe, wait-"

Chloe hangs up the phone and looks at Plagg, "It's time to clear our name."

"Hey, I don't have anything to do with this-"

"Plagg, claws out!" Chloe says, transforming into Minou and leaping off of the balcony. She heads over to the news station and comes in as the show comes back on from the break.

"Now back to our story- Oh! Minou Noir?? What a surprise!" Nadia says, immediately scrambling for a chair, "Please, sit down!"

Minou nods politely and takes a seat, "Thank you."

"So we had a news story planned about the mystery behind today's battle, but now we can just get our news straight from the source. All of Paris wants to know... What happened out there today?"