Twenty One

The group goes off, heading towards Marinette's house with all the new information that they were given. Adrien could not believe his father actually was not angry with the guests in his household, or the fact that he actually answered all of the questions asked of him without hesitation.

Marinette was shocked to find out that her parents could even be potential suspects, but she knew they could not have done anything wrong. She could never see either of them stealing anything.

"We're almost there, guys." Marinette says, gesturing to the bakery about a block away.

"Can we get pastries while we are here??" Adrien asks, "I really love croissants."

"Sure, Adrien. Sure." Alya mutters, laughing lightly at the excitement that enters his expression afterwards.

"You guys, this is serious!" Marinette says.

"Marinette, you need to chill out. You don't have to be a goody-two-shoes all the time." Nino says, earning a small laugh from Chloe before she covers it up with a cough.

"I am not a goody-two-shoes!" Marinette shouts.

"What is the craziest thing you've done in your life?" Alya asks.

"Um... Well, one time, I didn't show up for a shift at the bakery."

"Where did you go?" Luka asks.

"Well... I was asleep."

Chloe groans, "We really need to get you to rebel a little bit."

"If it makes you feel better, Marinette, I haven't really done anything crazy either." Luka says.

"What's the crazy thing you've done, Chloe?" Marinette asks with a slight scoff.

"I've... Kissed a superhero." Chloe says with a smirk, causing Luka to redden.

"WHAT??" Alya says, almost choking, "Who?!?"

"Coccinelle?" Nino asks, "At least, I'd assume. It's cool if you're into girls, though..."

"Yeah, Coccinelle!" Chloe says, looking at the shocked looks on her friends' faces.

Adrien raises an eyebrow at Chloe, and she hides the smile on her face.

"So are you guys a thing or something?" Marinette asked.

"No, it was a while back. It was a bit of an impulsive thing..." Chloe mumbles.

"How did it happen? Where?" Alya asks, causing Chloe to get nervous.

"Okay, you guys might be going a little too far with the questions. It's obvious Chloe is uncomfortable." Luka says, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"You're just jealous." Alya says with a laugh.

"No, I'm not... I'm just concerned for my friend Chloe here."

"Sure, you just don't want to admit-"

"Either way, we will have to talk about it later. We're here." Marinette interrupts, opening the door and letting everyone inside."

"Welcome!" Tom says as they enter with a loud cheerful tone, "Ah, could this be Marinette's friends? It has been a while since I have seen you all!"

"Yes, sir, and I would like two croissants please." Adrien says, getting out his money, causing them all to bow their heads in shame, laugh, or do both.

Tom hands him to freshly baked croissants, and Adrien hands over some money to Tom. Happy with his purchase, he begins to consume one of the croissants as Alya goes in front of him, "Hello, Mr. Dupain-Cheng...."