Twelve

"Chloe? Chloe what's wrong?"

Chloe almost snaps back into reality, fresh tears in her eyes. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong."

"Are you sure?"

"Just drop it, okay?!?" She says, wiping her eyes with her arm. "Please."

"Okay. I'm sorry if I said the wrong thing and upset you, Chloe."

"It's not your fault. You don't know what happened."

"If you want to share with me, then-"

"This time I don't. I'm sorry, but I just don't feel comfortable."

Coccinelle nods in understanding, then going to hug her.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" She says, backing away.

"I was going to hug you. I may not understand why you're so upset, but no one should have that much pain written in their eyes, Chloe."

Chloe hugs him in almost a defeated way, trying to hold onto a spark of happiness after recalling such a horrible time in her life. Coccinelle feels that almost pleading desperation and hugs her tighter.

"I'm not horrible. I'm not... Why didn't she love me? Why doesn't anyone?" She murmurs, her voice getting muffled by his chest.

"I love you."

"What?"

"Um..." Coccinelle looks at her in embarrassment, not meaning it like that in this moment, but in more of a caring way. "I meant that I care about you. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I didn't mean it like I'm in love with you or something. We're friends. I'm not-"

Chloe doesn't know why, but her instincts just pulled her to do it. Chloe cups Coccinelles face in her hands and she kisses him.

Coccinelle doesnt know what to do at first, but he ends up kissing her back. The kiss was like before when Luka was out of costume, a sense of gentleness to it, but there was also a sense of desperation, lasting much longer than Luka and Chloes kiss did. Then the reality settles in, and Chloe jumps back. "What am I doing?? What is wrong with me?? I've been saying this entire time I don't want to betray Luka, and what do I do I just don't know why I feel the same way with you as I do with him. Is it some sort of mind game? Is it this cruel trick of nature? I can't believe I did that. I can't-"

Coccinelle laughs lightly before he kisses her that time around, with a bit more confidence than before. Chloe couldnt stop herself from kissing back. She was drawn to him in ways she couldn't really understand. She knew it was wrong. Dangerous. If they got caught, everyones lives would be in danger. These akuma attacks weren't going to go away, but were these feelings going to? She wanted to find out how far they were willing to g-

"Chloe!" Her father's voice yelled from outside the door, causing both of them to jump back in shock.

"Hide." Chloe whispered, gesturing to the closet.

Coccinelle scrambled to his feet, running into the closet and shutting the door behind him.

"Yes daddy?" Chloe asked after he was safely secured.

"May I come in?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Chloe murmurs almost disappointingly, unlocking the door.

Andre looked at her with a big smile on her face, "I have news!"

"What is it?"

"Your mother is finally returning back to Paris!" He says with excitement.

Chloe looks at him with almost an expression of fear.