Eighteen

Minou and Coccinelle end up finishing the job relatively quickly, capturing the akuma and saving the day within fifteen minutes. Alya breaks through the crowd that had surrounded them, running up to the duo, “Hello, you two! Alya Cesaire, of the Bug Blog. Do you have time for a few questions?”

They look at each other and shrug, Minou answering, “Sure, why not? We didn’t even need to use our powers today, so…”

The crowd mostly disperses and Alya smiles enthusiastically. “Great!! This will help me tremendously. So my first question that Paris is wanting to know… Will we ever see a romance between our two favorite heroes?”

“Honestly, I won’t lie when I say that it has been a thought of mine.” Coccinelle admits, “For now, we aren’t anything other than friends and partners. If love happens, it happens. We will make sure to give you an exclusive interview if it ever does.”

“Great! I’m glad there’s a bit of hope for your fans that are rooting for you both! Minou, thoughts?”

“There are a lot of risks that come with developing a relationship between us, but it may happen sometime. We are mostly focused on our mission for the time being, though.”

“Right, of course! How is it being the two saviors of Paris? Is it a lot of pressure? Minou, you first.”

“Well, not all the time, I guess. When you have to find a way to leave to transform, it can get difficult. When you feel free flying throughout Paris, it is amazing. Fighting with a villain can make you feel drained, like the other day with Stray Kitten, or it can make you feel in control and powerful, like today with Metal Man. There’s a bit of pros and cons with heroism, but I try to find the optimistic route, I guess.”

“I bet! I would love to fight as a hero of Paris, even if it would be a bit of stress added on. Coccinelle?”

“I agree with Minou in a lot of ways, of course. It’s almost like the mask is a layer to myself, a layer I hide from the world. My real self is always this polite kind of guy, while I am a bit more straightforward, but I’m still me. And it feels great. Then, there’s days when I see people I know near an akuma attack and I get scared. I feel like the cowardly self I can be sometimes as a civilian.”
“So you aren’t this guy almost every girl fawns over as a civilian? Hard to believe.”

“Believe it. I’m not someone who is into doing anything for the fame alone, I try to be the person who does things to help myself grow or to help others in some aspects. The guy beneath the mask likes to do things and not get the praise and recognition.”

“Huh, that’s a bit odd. A hero who isn’t into public recognition. Do you share beliefs with him, Minou?”

“I’m a bit different, honestly. I would like to be known for the good things I did because I’m used to living in other people’s shadows. I want to make a name for myself and show the world who I can be, but sometimes it feels like people over glorify me as Minou. I’m just a girl underneath the mask, and Minou can sometimes be a shadow to my own life. Sometimes I try to absorb too much of the sunshine that I end up becoming my own personal shadow.”

“Making a name for yourself is important. Some people believe that your legacy is the only that matters, but I’m not sure that it’s true. Anyway, what did you both think of each other when you first met? Initial thoughts? Dread? Excitement?”

Minou laughs, “I met Coccinelle and honestly thought we were not going to get along that much. I didn’t like that he got a lot of the credit for my achievements at our first mission, but over time, we have really become a team. We know that we have equal responsibility and we both have disadvantages to ourselves, but we are here to balance each other.”