Three

Luka stands in front of the man he met earlier's doorstep, reluctantly knocking on the door.

At first there is no answer until a quiet "Please, come in. I've been expecting you." responds behind the door.

Luka smiles at the man kindly, "How are you feeling?? You took quite a fall earlier... I stopped at the bakery and got you some goods, if you'd like some."

"Thank you, young man. What a kind and generous soul. You were out there buying things for me while a villain runs through the streets?"

"Of course! My word is my bond, as they say. I wouldn't have broken my promise of coming here."

"Hmm... I knew that you were a good potential, but now I am sure..." He murmurs, getting up and grabbing a box.

"Sir, I can get anything you need for you-"

"I'm only 186, I still have plenty of life left in me-"

Luka starts laughing and he gets a serious look from the man.

"Luka Couffaine, I, master Wang Fu, hereby grant to you the power of the Ladybug Miraculous. You must use it to help the citizens of Paris and the world.

"...I'm sorry??"

"The villain that is running loose out there?? You must stop him."

"But..I...I don't-" Luka looks at Fu like he's crazy, not knowing what to do.

"Please, listen. Take these earrings. Do you have piercings???"

"Yes, I do... but..."

"Please put them on now, then. I promise you it will be fine, don't panic."

"Okay...." He says skeptically, putting the earrings into his ears.

A bright light flashes and a small creature appears in front of Luka.

He stares at it for a moment in shock before slowly asking "What... is.... that??"

"Hi, I'm Tikki!!" The small creature smiles and waves with her tiny hand.

"I'm...Luka." He says, a small unsure grin growing on his face.

"Nice to meet you!" She says sweetly, then looking at Master Fu in shock. "You... Never do this, Master. You usually wait until the holders can be trusted to reveal yourself-"

"Yes, I usually do, Tikki." Fu says with a smile, "But this boy is the only person in all my years of doing this to actually offer to help me beyond just on the street. I feel like he will be a perfect miraculous holder."

"Thank you, sir, but I'm... not so sure about all of that."

"Well, I'm sure you will find out your worth. Now..." Fu says, "I shall explain the powers of your miraculous to you, if you accept of course."

Luka smiles at Tikki, still a little dumbfounded. "I could keep my family safe with this power? My friends?"

"Of course. You will hold a lot of responsibilities as a Miraculous holder, Coccinelle. You will have the whole city of Paris on your shoulders."

"Coccinelle? Is that my hero name??" Luka asks.

"Yes, usually the ladybug miraculous is given to a female and the cat to a male, but with the change of this stereotype I thought you could use a less feminine hero name."

"I see. I like it!" Luka says, "Also, you mentioned a cat??"

"Ah yes, the cat miraculous. Your partner in saving Paris. She has less of a burden than you do."