4 AM

Trigger Warning to blood and self-harm.

Draco's POV

I watch as the once white towel turns a soapy red, yet I continue to scrub. Pain shoots through me with every movement, but to my dismay, after all the pain and blood the black ink remains on my left forearm.

"the mark will never leave you son take pride in it"  My father's words echo through my head as I shut the sink off to the abandoned bathroom, Its 4 AM.

I was woken up from my 10-minute sleep from the burning sensation of the mark that kills. He called me home.

They know that the cabinet has been repaired and they are coming in about 15 hours, so much can happen in that time, breakfast, classes, but not in time for dinner.

I look into the mirror and hold a new towel up to my arm to wipe the blood. It's useless. The pain of the scrubbing I could barely feel, which Is maybe why I have been doing it so often in hope that one day I will feel something, but nothing.

All I feel is fear. Fear on what my next task will hold, or if I will be able to complete it. But I don't have a choice.

The image of the fear in my mother's eyes from that day she found out what I was tasked with flashed through my head.

I never have a choice.

I think over that statement and conclude that, that is a lie. I have a choice about her. And hell I always tend to make the wrong ones.

I steal glances at her smile wishing she was smiling because of me, but why should she why would anyone?

I hate myself for becoming soft for her, but it's only for her. Maybe that's the one thing holding my reputation. But will my reputation that I have perfected for years be worth anything after tonight? tonight.

Severa's POV:

I glance at my wall clock seeing the time, 4 AM gosh.

I shove my head back into my pillow hoping to get more sleep, but a cold chill runs up my spine. Like I should be awake. Wierd.

I slump out of bed quietly, cause Emily like a normal person is still sleeping.

The sound of soft cries floods my ears, coming from the common room? I slowly grab a dark green blanket and wrap it around my body as I leave my dorm and descend the stairs to the common room as the soft sobs get louder.

I reach the end of the staircase to see Draco with his elbows resting on his knees and his eyes in his hands. My heart twists and hurts to see him like this, he obviously hasn't noticed my presence cause he wouldn't be crying.

I slowly make my way over to him and sit down slumping the couch down, he shoots his head up noticing me, and begins to wipe his eyes and run his hands through his hair.

"what do you want," he said in a low tone looking down.

"Are you okay?" I didn't stop myself from asking.

"Like you care" he scoffed fiddling with the ring I gave him what seems like forever ago.

"I do" I don't let his cold words get to me cause I know he's hurt.