xxxi

cupid jaehyun on the house! and uhm, angsty chap ahead

2018. 02. 14.

instead of love is in the air during that heart filled day, jaehyun and donghyuck felt like it would be a grave sin if they laugh or smile a little.

"will you please answer that? or at least mute your phone?" donghyuck finally spoke up at mark who's neglecting his phone that kept ringing.

mark ignored him and continued watching a movie on his ipad.

he doesn't have to look at it to know it's renjun. the chinese has been trying to contact him for days but mark wasn't buying any of it.

"how will you fix this if you keep avoiding him?" jaehyun muttered to advise. "it's your first valentines as a couple and it's even my birthday but you're gloomy enough to create a rainy cloud inside our room."

he's ignoring renjun for a purpose, that's what he's sure of. "it's for space, hyung. we're always together. maybe we're getting sick of each other. we need to loosen up, distance first."

"with how in love you guys are? no way you'll get sick of each other," donghyuck huffed while shaking his head.

"we already are, he already is. he doesn't even want to see me," mark backfired.

"he wants to see you but he can't, mark. it's different. he's pressured for the upcoming debut line up, you have to understand him," jaehyun doesn't even know why he's trying his best for mark and his love life. at this point, he could be a matchmaker.

can't. mark's ears twitched by that word. "he can if he really wants to. we're busy as hell but did you see me not paying attention to him?"

"that's where you are wrong. relationship is not about measuring what you can do and what your partner can't. you don't compare, you try to understand. you and renjun are built differently. if you can manage to multitask, it doesn't mean renjun is also obligated to do the same."

it was directed for mark but donghyuck was the first one to react. he cupped his mouth is surprise. "hyung, how do you know all of this?"

jaehyun rolled his eyes at him, "i just do."

"i don't know. we're just fine last week and now we're like this," mark shut down his ipad and faced the older. "and i feel like sungchan likes him," he continued.

"that, i can support. i always see the two together and if you can just see sungchan's eyes when he looks at renjun– it sparkles!" donghyuck exclaimed because he was actually the one who gave mark that idea, based on what he saw. he didn't knew mark would believe him.

jaehyun widened his eyes at donghyuck. he's not helping at all, putting more fuel into the fire. "so what if he does? does renjun likes him? he doesn't, mark. stop making your life more complicated than it already is."

he doesn't? but what if renjun does like sungchan? what if after all, they were meant to break their promise. mark is feeling anxious with that thought. because it's not impossible to happen. sungchan is closer, more reachable, the one who's always present.

he started playing with his ring, turning it around his finger and thumbing the small carve of a crescent moon.

he was knocked off from his trance when his ring tone resonated across the room again.