lii

2018. 12. 11.

since the dating scandal was published, it is the first time that renjun and mark would meet. mark had been very busy with his schedules.

about the dating idols from the big three companies, renjun also saw the news and called mark the night after mark also read it. they talked about it over phone but decided that it'll be better to discuss in person.

"it happens every year, i shouldn't be even surprise anymore," mark sighed, playing with the ring on his finger.

"yeah. i always see it on the news," renjun lowly said, careful on what would slip of his mouth.

silence fell on both of their shoulders. they were both sure they have something to say before they entered the room. but now that they're face to face, it was as if their tongues lost its purpose.

"it's not about us. we shouldn't worry, right?" mark was the one who broke the ice after a couple of minutes.

renjun nodded, slowly, kind of unsure. "right... but..." he bit his inner cheek in anxiousness. "we should really be more careful. okay, we're sure that the news is not about us, but do you realize? it could be us in the next month, next year," he continued, voicing out his thoughts for the past days.

"this news will be the center of internet for a few months. they'd focus on this couple and nothing but them. believe me," mark assured him. he already knew how the industry works. "but we'll do as you wish. let's not go out until this scandals dies down, okay?" he reached out for the younger's hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"i was just about to propose that," renjun smiled at him. he thought it'll be hard for him to make mark agree, but mark beats him to it.

in the past, when they just starting to date, mark was always eager to go out. to do what other couples do, but still in secret. he loves going out in midnight, where the crowd dies down and there's no eyes to judge them. when the only witness to another love story is the stars and the moon.

he didn't even realize that the amount of satisfaction he's getting every time is also the amount of risk he's putting to the percentage of getting caught.

"after this promotion we'll be having a world tour. if i remembered it right, it ends on july," mark prompted.

the sudden news got renjun furrowing his brows, "tour? nct?" he never once heard it from mark or from the staffs.

"hmm. neo city. we started practicing this month. it starts at january," mark said. he thought he said it beforehand since the tour was planned since the month of september. it might have slipped off his mind.

"january to july. wow. that's six months," renjun almost whispered. his eyes settled at wall across them. his mind went blank. six months is not short. it's half a year.

there's so many times that renjun thought why out of all the citizens of korea, why should he really date mark lee, a successful idol who barely have the time to breathe because of his endless schedules. and he's having those thoughts again. he should've expected this, mark's group tops the billboard and charts. they're famous, and a world tour is something they're bound to hold.

mark noticed the sudden mood of the younger. if only mark has a choice, of course he doesn't want to leave renjun's side for half a year. sure, they could go on a month without seeing each other. but six months? that's crazy.

if he could take renjun with him, he would definitely do it. but he can't. there's nothing they can both do.

nothing but that one.

assurance.

many long distance relationships don't work simply because you're both not assured. if you know that you're loved and irreplaceable, if you're reminded that no one would ever have the same effects as you, then what could go wrong? you would never sleep the night with insecurities, of thoughts that you're being cheated at.

a real man won't ever give the person he loves a reason to doubt themselves.

love is supposed to make you feel enough.

"come on, it'll pass by. we call and we message each other all the time, this ain't new. and don't you have a debut to prepare for? we'd both get busy, we won't even notice the time," mark tried to console the younger.

renjun hollowed his cheeks and blew out air in frustration. "the line up is not yet disclosed. there's no debut yet to look forward to," he muttered.

"i'm pretty sure you'll get in. there's now way you wouldn't. sm only chooses the best and you're one of the best trainees, aren't you?"

he wasn't just saying it because he's renjun's boyfriend. even if he wasn't, and just a random idol and senior in renjun's life, he'd still think the same. actually, anyone who'd see renjun perform would too.

"wait. if i debut, then becomes an idol, and you're an idol too..." renjun paused, processing the sudden realization. "there's no really way out of our relationship, yeah? no matter what, we'd still create disaster once we get caught."

so their relationship cycle would be like:

trainee renjun who can't date anyone and idol mark who's also on a rookie dating ban.

trainee renjun who still can't date and idol mark who can now date.

if renjun debuts, then he's idol renjun on a rookie dating ban and idol mark who can date.

so after two years of renjun's debut, then he and mark can finally date anyone they want to. they won't be violating any contract agreement by then. they could worry about the violent reactions of the netizens later on.

"what about this? after your rookie dating ban-" mark stopped. should he be really saying it? would it be weird?

he's just really tired of denying every time.

why is he always wearing that ring? mark is tired of saying because it looks fashionable.

it's a promise ring, for fuck's sake.

is he seeing someone? mark is tired of saying no, and he's not yet interested.

he literally got a tiny boyfriend named huang renjun.

and he's not the only one. renjun is also getting tired.

renjun wavered his hand at mark and showed him his ring. a smile naturally painted his lips upon seeing mark's sparkly eyes. "after my dating ban, let's date. outside. during day time. walk around in public. show them our rings. we just have to wait a little, baby."

my charger is not working and im the only one who uses iphone in our house (my family is an avid fan of samsung lol). my phone died last night so im just using my laptop. couldnt update my noren socmed au on twitter so i'll just update here

i ordered a charger last night i hope it'll arrive tomorrow or on monday