xxxvi

2018. 05. 04.

"still no kisses for me?"

"still no kisses for you," renjun scrunched his nose at the older who's snuggling at the crook of his neck.

mark looked up at the younger and pouted. "but whyyy?" he whined.

"i already told you why. it's what you get after throwing your ring away," renjun lightly pushed him away to escape from his embrace. "no kisses until you find it, okay?" he seriously prompted.

"it's unfair," mark sadly huffed. when renjun found out his ring was missing, he went feral over it. mark couldn't defend himself at all because it wasn't even an accident.

renjun raised a brow at him, "i don't think you're the one to talk about unfairness when you caused a fuss when i told you i wanted to removed this ring. practice what you preach, baby."

"okay, i give up. damn, why do you never lose an argument?" mark ended up chuckling. guess there's no more way than to conduct a search and rescue for that ring.

"because your point doesn't even stand the slightest, baby."

it was something mark wished to happen. he always asked renjun to call him baby because it's cute and whatsoever but renjun would say it's not cool. and now that renjun wouldn't stop calling him that, mark could swear he'd combust.

or lose his mind. "you're finally calling me baby and expect me not to crave for those lips. i beg your pardon, sir, but that's contradicting," mark grabbed the smaller by his waist and removed the short gap between their bodies.

"don't even try. you know me mark, when i said no kisses–"

mark cuts him off by pressing a soft kiss on the crown of his head. "then no kisses. i know that, baby. i'll only do that when i have your permission, hmm?" mark smiled at him.

"i dare you to say this to other girls or boys and i'll kill you," renjun hugged his boyfriend and rested his head against his chest. he's one of a lucky guy for having this sweet, caring mark lee as his boyfriend, isn't he? "i don't want to share anything about you," he muffled against the older's clothes.

cute. mark would never get tired of saying that, because renjun never failed to prove him that he's the smolest bean out there. he carded his fingers on the younger's chocolate locks and whispered, "even if there's two me in this world, it's still both yours."

"oh god, don't test me and my fragile heart. i might be the one to kiss you right now if you won't stop," renjun pinched the older's hip to refrain himself from screaming.

mark really does have his ways with his words. he just perfectly knew how to tame the tsundere huang renjun.

that day, the two parted with smiles painted on their lips. which is the opposite of how mark acted on their dormitories once he came home.

their house was a mess, like a storm just passed by. mark almost turned the place upside down just to find his silver ring. he hastily moved the couch on the living room and checked if the ring is underneath it. when he found nothing, he flopped down the couch and groaned loudly.

he wasn't thinking straight when he threw the ring away. now it looked like it the house just swallowed it up and won't ever show it again.

he checked every corner of their dormitory, he even barged inside the other members' rooms even though it's impossible to be there. he rummaged through the laundries, the kitchen cabinets, their bathroom. it was gone as if it never existed.

"i'm getting dizzy just by looking at you. what are you even looking for?" yuta arrived at the living room and sat beside the canadian. mark just came from his shared room with taeil and doyoung just to mess their things up.

"what, did you lose your airpods or something?" followed by taeil who has bag of chips on his hand. he was supposed to watch the television but found mark looking like someone bunched his panties up.

mark sniggered. he was about to speak up when johnny beated him into it, "he never had them," the american laughed off. "seriously, though. what did you lose that you're going feral on finding it?"

"my ring," mark retorted. everyone already saw his ring, and they all presumed he just wore it everyday because it whets his fashion style.

"the one with the moon on it? come to think of it, you really aren't wearing it anymore," yuta finaly noticed the absence of the silver accessory. he often teased mark about it, saying he'll give him an engagement ring on its stead.

he nodded as a reply, "did you see it? i swear, i met all the dust in this household but not even a shadow of my ring."

the three shook their heads because they never did.

"just go buy a new one," taeil suggested.

"let's go to the mall tomorrow. you can even find something cooler than that," yuta said.

any ring could be more expensive, cooler, more fashionable but they all mean nothing. "i don't want any ring but that one. can you guys help me find it?" mark stood up, ready to start looking for it again.

he needs that ring, and he also needs his daily dose of kisses from his adorable boyfriend.

so it's either he finds it or he dies.

"what's in it for us?" his two roommates, jaehyun and donghyuck came out of their room and noticed the untidiness of the living room.

"can't you guys even do me a favor?" mark glared at what donghyuck said.

donghyuck bleeped at him, "ain't doing free shit for you."

yes, they're definitely best friends. "then don't, asshole," mark threw him a cushion pillow. which the youngest of the group dodged so jaehyun was hitten instead. mark only gave him a peace sign.

"buy me the saint laurent cap we saw at the mall last week if i find it," jaehyun negotiated. he can just buy that costly-for-nothing-but-brand-name cap but everything is better when it's free.

and mark is really desperate to look for his ring. "you think i'm that cheap? i'll give my paycheck for this month to whoever finds it," he pressed a bounty above the silver ring.

"where's that goddamn ring at?"

"i'm calling dibs on your money, markiepoo."

suddenly the men inside the dormitories started littering, eyes fixated at the floor looking for that shiny thing. mark sighed at the sight of his dumbass friends.

he was also supposed to continue his search when he noticed donghyuck who was only sitting prettily on their single seater couch as if he isn't interested to the prize. "aren't you going to help? i'm serious about my paycheck, hyuck," he said in case donghyuck thought he's kidding.

donghyuck playfully rolled his eyes at the canadian. he knew mark so well. maybe even better than mark himself. he knew the moment mark went off to renjun, he's gonna regret it. he knew that when mark tossed his ring when he bursted in anger, he's gonna die looking for it later.

and being the only boy ever, donghyuck already picked up the ring and kept it. for future purposes, he said.

was he wrong? of course not. he's lee donghyuck, after all.

mark's eyes widened when donghyuck pulled out his ring from his pocket with a smirk. mouth gaped, he frustratedly shouted, "you have it all this time?!"

"i'll send you my bank account details later, hmm?"

㊙️

i need some distraction so i wrote this even tho i said i wont be updating today

im still in trouble tho but lemme pretend i am just chilling lol