xxxiii

2018. 03. 06.

"you'll melt him," donghyuck teasingly whispered to mark.

the canadian nudged him and removed his eyes from the other table where the trainees are eating at. he poked his lunch with his fork and tried to eat it despite the lack of appetite.

taeyong who sat beside mark glanced at the other table. it doesn't take a genius to know that he's watching renjun. the boy was laughing with his friends, looking the exact opposite of mark who seemed to be on his deepest despair.

but who's fault is that? of course, it's still mark's fault. he brought that misery upon to himself. despite that, taeyong still felt bad for him. he witnessed how mark's life turned black and white since the day he and renjun got into a big argument that lead them to what they are now– lovers who suddenly, became worse than strangers.

only the four of them (mark, jaehyun, taeyong and donghyuck) decided to eat lunch so they have no worries on talking about it. "if you miss him that much, ring him up. secretly watching him is creepy, dude," jaehyun opened up the topic. he's the one who always have the balls to do so.

"who said i miss him?" mark scoffed to hide a lie. but they weren't called brothers but-not-by-blood if they won't notice that.

"who are we fooling here, hyung?" donghyuck berated. "your pride is higher than sm's stocks. don't you think it's time to talk to him? i mean, no offense but you're such a jerk for saying those words to renjun."

now he's the jerk. mark is thinking why everyone is siding with renjun. can't they see what he sees? he glanced again at renjun, and he's still displaying that dumb (beautiful) smile while talking to sungchan.

if there's a jerk between them, it's renjun. he's the one who is openly flirting and neglecting his partner. why the hell does everybody think he's the bad guy of the story?

he dropped his cutlery and deadpan looked at donghyuck, "you're the one who told me that sungchan can't get his eyes off my boyfriend. now what, donghyuck?"

"but it doesn't mean that he's cheating? i stick by your side 24/7, i even hug and kiss you, but do you think i like you for real? hyung, your brain ain't for display. use it," donghyuck rolled his eyes at the clownery mark is trying to prove.

they all gave mark a chance. they gave mark the approval on dating renjun. they gave mark the help he needed to be happy with renjun. why is he wasting it all?

mark was fed up with those scoldings already so he just dismissed what donghyuck said, "that's different."

"how is that–"

"break up with him."

if only mark, donghyuck and taeyong were eating something that time, they all would've spitted it all towards jaehyun.

"excuse me?" after a moment of deafening silence, mark spoke up. "you want me... to break up with him?"

jaehyun nonchalantly nodded, "you two seemed to have broken up already, anyways. you don't talk nor see each other. it's just the manners of announcing it is what's missing."

mark looked away because jaehyun has a point. "but–"

"we had a deal. if you cause trouble because of your relationship, you break up immediately," jaehyun reminded him.

"i didn't cause any trouble? we were never caught!" mark defended himself.

"by trouble i did not only mean that. you are bringing trouble to renjun. that's counted," jaehyun explained further and watched how mark's expression changed.

he could only sigh at mark. it's obvious that mark also wanted to badly make up with renjun, but he also knew he fucked up big time and doesn't know where to start. it's hard for him to admit that it's his fault, something that commonly happens when you started spitting words you never thought of twice first.

taeyong was slowly catching up with what jaehyun is doing so he cleared his throat and second the notion, "he's right. if you hate renjun, then leave. it'll be better for the two of you. there's no reason for you to stay, right?"

mark started fidgeting his fingers under the table. what jaehyun and taeyong were saying are the same things he told himself. that he doesn't want renjun anymore. but he can't seem to agree with them.

"right, mark?" the three chimed.

and at that moment, mark felt his world getting smaller. that he's on the cafeteria but he couldn't get enough oxygen and felt like he's in a small box.

he felt pressured.

is that what he really wants? to let renjun go?

maybe.

"right. i have no reasons to stay."

㊙️

i'll update a full length chap after an hour pls wait for it ksksksks