x

2016. 12. 23.

"finally!"

"christmas break!"

the practice room was filled by those remarks. it's wednesday, the 23rd of december. of course, they don't have to practice during the 24th and 25th and it so happened that after that is weekends so they'd get a plenty of rest. what a very nice year.

it's also the reason why everyone was in hurry to go home. all the members were packing up and excited to leave, except mark.

"mark, let's go?" lucas draped his arm around mark's shoulder and motioned the other members already leaving.

he only smiled at lucas and removed his arm. "i'll practice more," he reasoned.

"eh? bro, it's christmas!"

"i know. i just want to practice for a few more hours," he told him.

taeyong who was counting his members that are leaving the room noticed that only lucas and mark were left. he went to the two. "what's going on?"

"mark wanted to stay to practice," lucas replied.

"mark, it's not every day that we can get this long rest. come home with us. you can just practice next time," taeyong worriedly said.

"i won't be able to sleep in peace if i don't practice tonight, hyung. you know me," mark gave him a little smile, hoping he'd let him off the hook.

of course, taeyong knew that. mark is so hard working that sometimes taeyong is scared for his young body. what if he gets sick or injured by doing that? but he knew mark more than anybody. the boy lives to dance. and he can understand that.

with a defeated sigh, the leader nodded. "what time are you going home? i'll tell our manager," he said.

"twelve, i guess?"

"okay. remember, wait for him and don't even think of taking a taxi," taeyong reminded him, earning a nod from mark. "we'll go now. take care," he continued and dragged lucas with him.

mark sat on the floor of the empty room. he waited for five minutes before standing up and preparing to head out, just to make sure that his members are already at the elevator.

just when he opened the door, renjun almost fell on him because he was also trying to open it.

he helped renjun to stand up properly by grabbing his arms. "you okay?"

renjun cleared his throat and hoped that his flushed cheeks aren't that visible. "yes," he shyly replied.

"what brought you here? wait, it doesn't matter. come here, i have something to give you," then mark pulled renjun inside and closed the door.

the two sat down and stared at each other. it felt like they forgot why they wanted to meet the other at the first place.

fortunately, mark broke the silence between them. "i already told you that you're my favorite junior, right?" he gave himself a mental pat on the back for starting off good. "that's why i want to give you a gift. not just because you're a good junior but because you've been a good friend to me," mark smiled at him.

"a... gift?"

mark took out a paper bag from his bag and placed it in front of renjun. "christmas gift," he specified.

although hesitant, renjun opened it and almost screamed when it was a moomin stuffed toy. "hyung! you remembered!" he giddily said because he didn't expect that mark would actually pay attention for whatever the hell he is saying.