iii

confusing chap idek why

2016. 10. 18.

mark woke up late so he left their doors passed ten in the morning with johnny and donghyuck while the others left earlier.

as usual, the car ride was donghyuck acting like the baby he is and annoying the shit out of mark while johnny laughed at them like a father watching his kids play. since mark is in a good mood, he played along with the group's youngest.

when they arrived by their building, they rushed towards the elevator because everyone must be looking for them. the trio was the only ones inside. donghyuck was about to press the close button when two running boys stormed inside.

the two boys were huffing when they realized who they were with. they immediately bowed and greeted the seniors. johnny and donghyuck recognized them as the rookie trainees.

mark smiled at them, at renjun specifically, "hi."

jeno and renjun smiled at mark. "good morning, hyung," the chinese greeted him. he groaned when jeno secretly elbowed him.

he's sure it's about him not addressing mark as sunbae again. but renjun has mark's consent and he'll keep calling him hyung.

"why are you just arriving, anyways? isn't the trainees' call time at nine?" johnny asked as he pressed their floor level. the call time during their times as trainees was at nine at the morning, unless the company changed it.

"yeah, we just went down again to buy drinks for us," jeno rubbed his nape, still a little bit uneasy around their labelmates who already debuted.

that's when they noticed that the two were holding coffees on their hands. "ah, hyung. i want coffee too," donghyuck pouted.

"we're already late, we can't go to the cafe," johnny denied the youngest's aegyos. the other members are already waiting for them and taeyong would whoop their asses if they arrive a little more longer.

"it's just at the lobby, i'll be quick," donghyuck negotiated. good thing they have their own cafe at the company.

johnny was about to oppose him again when renjun butted in, "you can take these coffees instead," he nonchalantly said and handed donghyuck the coffee holder.

"eh?" donghyuck confusedly eyed the chinese.

renjun smiled at him widely, "it's okay. i can just go back at the cafe," he assured him.

when donghyuck is still not reaching for the coffees, renjun took his hand and gave it to him. it was a total of four coffees, and there was still four left in jeno's hand.

"well, if it's really fine then, thank you! we'll enjoy the drink!" donghyuck chirpily retorted.

"do you want me to come with you?" jeno almost whispered to renjun when the elevator dings. they were already at their floor.

renjun shook his head and hopped off the elevator, "nah. jaemin is waiting for his coffee. bring it to him."

the two bowed again at the three seniors as they watched the door closed. but just a split second before it really closes, it opened again.

"mark, you can just buy that croissant later!" johnny tried to stop him but to no avail.

"i'm really hungry. go ahead, if they look for me just say i went to the restroom."

knowing that the canadian is stubborn, johnny just sighed and pressed the close button. donghyuck waved at them while sipping on his coffee.

mark looked back at renjun and smiled at him. renjun also smiled at him before gesturing jeno to leave, which the boy did. the older pressed the down button while tapping his shoe at the floor.

renjun stood beside him while they were waiting. he was just humming to a song until they got inside the empty elevator. he squeezed himself at the corner.

they weren't awkward. renjun knew that, mark knew that. they rather bonded a friendship quickly. yes, they don't talk too much until yesterday, but it's kind of like, a special kind of friendship. maybe because renjun idolizes mark, and mark wants to look after trainees like renjun.

and another thing, renjun always thought that no idol from their company would be friends with trainees. their schedules are too packed to be initiating friendships , he guess. but then poof, mark arrived with his million dollar smile.

looking all warm. all soft. all nice.

all cute, yeah, that too.

the point is, renjun found mark's efforts on reaching out to them, adoring. they're at a different level now since mark and his group already debuted and already has a fan base, but he makes time to cheer for the trainees.

that's what made mark different.

renjun didn't notice that they arrived at the ground floor because he was busy thinking of all the reasons why mark is his favorite senior.

"renjun?"

finally, the chinese snapped back to his senses. "oh, right," he shyly said and quickly went outside.

mark only chuckled and leaded the way towards the sm cafe. he motioned renjun to go order first and stood behind him.

after ordering four coffees, renjun took out his wallet to pay for it. but mark has beaten him into it. "and two boxes of croissant please," the canadian then placed his card on the counter.

"hyung–"

"my treat. it's for the others too, right?" mark doesn't want to hear any words of refusal from renjun.

the cashier already swiped the card, so renjun was left with no choice but to mumble, "thank you."

"you're welcome," mark muttered, still with a cute smile painted on his lips.

one more thing about mark lee, he smiles a lot.

and renjun thinks it's his cutest asset.

㊙️

mark may not be your bias but he always have a special place in every nctzen's heart.

now, now. what's ur fave thing about mark?

for me,, it's him being sentimental!!! he loves using his old stuffs rather than buying new ones🥺