xxxii

2018. 02. 24.

renjun was scheduled at the monthly evaluation before lunch so the boy immediately came home after he was finished with his performance.

he took a quick shower and changed into a pair of clothes that can protect him from the cold the winter weather has brought. he also cooked some ramen for him and for the other trainees that are staying at the dormitories.

the boys gathered at the living room, watching some afternoon dramas and chitchatting. renjun was watching from time to time but he's mostly focused on his phone.

while lurking through his private twitter account, he ran across a tweet about mark that made him roll his eyes. he let it slide, but as far as he could scroll on his timeline, more tweets about his boyfriend appears.

"why is his ugly face everywhere?!" he hissed and went to mute the words 'mark' and 'nct'.

renjun just couldn't believe that mark had the audacity to accuse him of cheating. he could be the most faithful and consistent person mark could ever meet. and what's even the basis? yeah, because he decided to help sungchan, which is obviously something mark would've done too if he's in the same situation.

he's mad. really, really mad at mark. he's at the point of his rage where he blocked mark's number, muted his name on social media and clicking his tongue whenever other trainees talk about mark.

if he's a little crazy, he would've written a post about him being mark's boyfriend and attach their pictures together so the boy would feel sorry for his ass but renjun knew that it wouldn't just end mark's career but also his, that isn't even starting yet.

he doesn't know how they will fix it. he doesn't know if he still wants to continue what's between them. no one dared to speak to one another, in the first place. so renjun is guessing it's over.

does it hurt? as of now, renjun isn't feeling hurt. maybe because he's mostly angry and he wanted nothing but to beat mark up. but if they really decide to break up, renjun would surely bawl his eyes out.

there's this one time that renjun wanted to talk to mark so bad. it was a few days ago, when nct had a surprise visit to the trainees. renjun did his best to keep his eyes off mark. while they were giving them advices and such then their manager came with snacks.

the members started handing it out to the trainees and renjun could just only watch mark pass by him as he smiled and give drinks to the trainees beside him. asshole, renjun whispered.

he was on the verge of crying that time because mark always make sure he's the one who gives him the snacks whenever nct visits trainees. the funniest memory was when mark almost pushed yuta off when he tried to give renjun a drink.

"oh, sorry. didn't see you," mark sheepishly smiled at yuta who was surprised at the unintentional (or not) push before giving renjun the drink. 

it's annoying. it's horrible. renjun wanted to run to mark and hug him, say sorry even if it isn't his fault. he wanted to go back to the way things were before. that's how much he loves mark. luckily, he was able to snap out from those thoughts because of jaehyun.

"here. it's your favorite, right?" jaehyun appeared in front of him, smiling, his famous chick magnet dimples displayed on its glory.

renjun thanked him before accepting the grape drink, "yeah, it is."

"heard it from mark. anyways, you two good?" jaehyun asked in a form of careful whisper.

"by good, you mean what? good as in accusing your boyfriend of flirting with another trainee? if it is then tell me more about it," renjun voiced, annoyance lingering on his tone.

lover's quarrel is way much more than what jaehyun imagined. renjun's sarcastic words aren't for him but he felt poisoned by it. young people are surely scary, especially when they're in love, that's what jaehyun concluded.

still smiling, jaehyun replied, "don't make up unless it's mark who apologizes first."

confusion painted renjun's face, "huh?" he thought at least jaehyun would ask him to forgive mark just this once. they're friends, after all.

"i heard you guys fighting. and honestly, your will to punch him is not even a fraction of mine. he crossed a line and there's no reason that can justify his actions. you don't deserve to hear that, renjun. on behalf of him, i'm really sorry."

"wanna bet who can punch him first?" renjun kidded. 

jaehyun smirked, "please, let me do the honors."

"no promises. anyways, thanks, sunbae. i'd keep that in mind."

"hyung. jaehyun hyung is fine," he said before standing up. "i'll see you around?"

"see you around, hyung."

believe it or not, it's the first time that they fought. ever since they became a couple, the two were so synched. so the feelings right now for the both of them is too much.

renjun heaved a sigh and decided to just sleep instead of overthinking things. but just in time, a call flashed on his phone's screen.

"what now?" he grumpily answered the phone.

"wow, i can feel your excitement to hear my voice, hyung," sungchan laughed off. "what are you doing?"

renjun rolled his eyes as he already knows where the conversation is headed to. "probably gonna do my best to hide from you. now, what do you want, kid?"

"let's go out. there's a nice coat at the mall last time!" chirpiness was visible on the younger's voice, as it always does.

how many times should renjun decline sungchan's offers of hanging out outside the company before he stops? it's not that renjun doesn't like him. he does, actually. sungchan is very hard working, he's not shy to ask for help, he's also caring and cheerful. but it's just that... mark's words went through his head.

maybe partly it's my fault too. maybe i'm really making him feel like he's being neglected because i'm paying more attention to sungchan.

"sungchan—"

"you want to rest, you're not in the mood, maybe next time," sungchan beats him into it. "i've memorized your reasons, hyung. anyways, that's fine. i know you'll say that but i still asked just in case. rest well, hyung. see you on monday!" with that, the call ended.

renjun somehow felt guilty but it's for the best.

he was about to stand up and go back to his room when his eyes landed at the television screen. his forehead creased at the sight of a very familiar boy mcing at a music show.

"what's that?" renjun asked one of his doormmates.

"music core. the new mcs are mark sunbae with mina and seongwoo sunbae too!"

great. now renjun also has to see mark smiling at the girl beside him as if she's the prettiest (maybe she really is).

why does he talk like that? why is his voice so sweet? stop looking at her! renjun wanted to shout that, go through the screen of the television and pull mark away from the so called mina girl.

but that's not possible, of course.

marching back to his room, he fished out his phone again and dialed a number.

"hey. you know what, let's go out. i'll treat you today, sungchan. come pick me up after one hour."

㊙️

lol online classes start in 2 days again and im panicking so i think i'd be able to only do a single update per day