Chapter 2 (Edited)

Chapter 2

Happy giggles and whispered conversations with the toys floated from the bathroom. Sitting in her room she looked at the clock and wondered who would be up at this time of the night who might have some inkling of what she should do. Most of her friends worked odd hours but at 2 am in the morning there was only really one person she could call. The irony was that she was probably the one person she should call as she ran a 24-hour BDSM adult store. Probability was she had heard about this kind of thing. She began pacing as the phone rang, "Happy Kinks emporium how can I help you?" breathing a sigh at the sound of her friend's cheerful voice she answered "Heidi, it's Marnie I need your help" the line was quickly filled with the now concerned voice of her friend "What's wrong?"

Marnie quickly filled her in on the situation "So now I have a, well, in my estimation a 6ft toddler in my ensuite currently playing with josh's boats and letter's, gosh Heidi, I haven't even asked the poor thing his name." silence hung on the end of the line and if it wasn't for the music playing in the background, she would have sworn Heidi had hung up. Worry now filled her mind as the silence continued "Heidi are you still there?" she peeked in the door and watched as the man began placing random colourful letters all over the grey tiled wall.

A voice registered in her ear "Sorry Mar, I am just processing. First, do you think he is play-acting?" looking in at the man, the giddy joy that was across his face as he played with the bubbles and toys was something that might be faked but it just looked too real. "I don't think so when he was sobbing outside, he spoke in a childlike manner and the act if it was one has not faded." Moving back to her bed she sat as she listed to the next question "Ok, well then he might be a little, they generally live, in grown-up mindset but can slip into the mindset of a child. The ages vary, I think it might be a good idea to ask him his age and name. Maybe try to play a game where you ask questions about family, siblings. Etc. Did he have any identification on him?"

That would have made life easier, running her hands through her hair she replied "No, the only thing he had was his pacifier, the onesie and dipper he was dressed in" silence then "Did you help him change it or did he do it himself?" then a chuckle filled the phone "ok, ok no need to laugh, and no he asked for help and I managed to do it with a modicum of dignity for both of us" the laughter softened as Heidi apologised "sorry hon, this whole situation is tricky and the fact that you are not his mommy and are not in a relationship with him but a total stranger puts you in an awkward position. Look I have a break in 10min, I can bring some stuff over that might help you make him comfortable until you find out where he belongs. Is that ok?" Marnie sighed a sigh of relief as she nodded. Then remembering her friend could not see her replied "yes, please"

Whilst she waited, she filled the Sippy cup with warm water and walked back into the bathroom and sat with the big little boy, checking the temperature of the bath it felt cool, so she added some more hot water. She then handed him the cup "he's some water for you we don't want you to get dehydrated." Taking the Sippy cup he looked at her, it was almost like he was trying to work out who she was and why she was there. Hoping he was old enough to answer she tried Heidi's suggestions of 20 question. "Can you help Miss Marnie out? I thought we could play a game; I ask you a question and then you can ask me one. Does that sound like fun?" His bright eyes lifted to hers and with a small smile he said "Yeth Miss Ma, I like dat game"

Settling herself on the floor she began "So you know my name but I don't know yours, so my first question is What is your name?" he chuckled at her and answered, "My names Henwy" Smiling at him she said "Well hello Henry, it's nice to meet you" echoing her smile he asked his first question "Miss Ma, what's yaw favowite food" she pretended to think hard then answered "I love Pizza, that's my favourite comfort food. Mmmmm my next question is What is your favourite animal" his brow furrowed for a moment as he thought then his face lit up again "I lub dogs an bats, I lub that dogs can liw wif you. I have a dog who is my bestest fwend his name is Kal. I also have a good fwend who is a bat his name is Ben but he has to liw at da zoo. I can't take him home."