Chapter 16 (Edited)

Chapter 16

Dinner that night had been surreal, both brothers had arrived at the table ribbing and roughhousing causing Marnie to think that Henry had slipped back into toddler space. As they had reached the table he had encircled his arms around his mother resting his head on hers and he thanked her for visiting. This had caused Marnie to realise he was still at his true age and also to wonder at the close relationship this family had. The rest of the meal had been full of conversation and laughter. The thing that troubled and excited Marnie was the subtle looks that he kept giving her when he thought no one else was watching. Desert done, Henry thanked everyone for coming "I'm working tomorrow so we need to get to sleep early"

As they said goodnight Marianne pulled Marnie into a hug whispering into her ear "Don't worry, let him lead you and we are just a phone call away" she smiled at her before pulling Henry into a hug pulling his head close she said "Behave yourself, she is a special person and you don't want to lose her" pulling back he frowned at his mother not sure what had transpired between them but intrigued at his mother's words. The house now quiet Marnie was cleaning the kitchen, as she finished the final dish she felt two large arms wrap around her. Lips nuzzled into her neck causing her to stiffen, how was she supposed to react to her toddler now a man holding her in such a suggestive way. No matter how much she felt herself falling for him she still had never been with a man before.

As if he sensed her hesitancy he lifted his head and rested it on her shoulder his deep voice rumbling "I'm sorry, I didn't know how intimate we had been. But I just really felt the need to be close to you" hearing the awkwardness in his voice she forced herself to relax. The unfamiliar feeling of security crept up her spine as she settled her back against his chest. Finally able to find her words she bought her hand up and caressed his arm softly voicing "It's ok, it will just take me a while to get used to you being big. We have to be at the studio early so why don't we head to bed ok?" he held her for a moment longer before stepping back allowing her to move. Nothing more was said until they reached the bedroom. Once again she realised that unlike little Henry she should let him pick his own clothes and set his own bedtime routine.

Henry just stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, Kal was in his bed at the foot of their bed watching the two adults. Now that he had some control over his mind he was struggling to know how to act. I was obvious to him that Marnie was struggling too. He could tell in the way his body reacted to her that he had been close to her. Laying in her lap had bought such a feeling of peace that he had fallen asleep.

She seemed to be happiest when she was helping him, he remembered the first time he had been aware of her arriving at his home. It had been an awkward evening as she changed his diaper, causing his cock to become hard. So uncertain as to why he was wearing a diaper let alone why this stranger was changing him he had just watched. She had then put him to bed as if he was a child. The few times since he had become aware of his surroundings she had always been there to assure him he was safe and that she would be there until he no longer needed her. It seemed to Henry that when he was in "little space" as she called it he was totally dependant on her so it seemed strange but also comforting that she had not taken advantage of him in that state. But now he was big, surly she felt it too, felt the connection, tingles when he held her in his arms.

Struggling to think past wanting to feel safe in her arms again he just stood waiting for instruction. Marnie went about getting her pj's and went into the bathroom, once she was finished getting ready for bed she walked back into the room only to find Henry still standing where she had left him. Concern filled her as she walked up to him "Henry, are you going to get ready for bed? Do you need help?" he looked at her doubt filled his eyes. Humming she went and picked out some sweatpants and some boxers for him.

Walking back she handed them to him "her's something to change into why don't you go have a shower and brush your teeth and then come to bed, ok?." Leaning up she kissed him on the cheek then patted him on the backside lightly saying "come on off you go" this all but kicked him into gear, it felt comfortable her picking out his clothes, but the pat on the rear no matter how light was a reminder that if he didn't do as he was told there would be consequences. Hoping that Marnie was nothing like Beth he ran to the bathroom and quickly showered, brushed his teeth and ran back to the bedroom. Crawling into bed almost out of breath he hoped he did not take too long causing her to get angry.

Marnie had almost fallen asleep waiting for Henry, all the worry and walking around on eggshells with him was wearing her out. What had jolted her out of that pleasant sleep was the quiet movement of the bed covers and the panting as if he had run from the bathroom. Rolling over, she watched as he flinched at her sudden movement, her heart clenched with sadness as it became obvious to her what she had subconsciously done by patting him on the bottom. Scooting closer she opened her arms in a gesture now familiar, "come her Henry" he hesitantly moved into her arms as she closed them around his broad shoulders. Scratching his damp hair and running her hand down his back she whispered "you are not in trouble, I'm sorry I patted you on the backside. I shouldn't have done that. You are safe, I will never physically harm you, ok" she felt him melt in her arms and audibly he sighed a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, it's just the other one, well if I didn't do things exactly as she said and in a fast time she would hurt me. Spanking was the lightest punishment. It might take me a while to forget."

Glad he had told her, and glad that he seemed to have relaxed she kept rubbing his head until she heard the telltale puffs and small snores. To be honest, if she ever met the other girl she would have a hard time restraining herself from punching her lights out. Sighing herself she shut her eyes and willed herself to sleep, tomorrow was going to be a big day.

The following morning Marnie's alarm woke them both, Henry seemed to be a bit cranky grumbling and muttering in his sleep hazy state. Making sure he had made it to the bathroom before he had an accident she had left him to get ready whilst she took Kal out to do his business and them made him breakfast. Once the dog was fed she turned to make Henry his breakfast too.

Down the hall Henry was looking at himself in the mirror, he knew he looked tired and he desperately needed a shave. Looking at the razor in his hand triggered a memory that leads him to a dangerous line of thought, would she be there today? Would she have left after what happened? His hand trembled as he lifted the razor, speaking aloud to himself he whispered "get it together Cavill, you can do this"

Marnie could not believe the transformation that had taken place in the span of 20mins. Greeting her with uncertain eyes was a clean-faced Henry who she had never met before. "Wow Henry, that changes your whole look. Wow" he smiled tentatively at her before taking a seat and accepting his breakfast.

She could sense his apprehension, all through breakfast he had stayed silent apart from scratching kal on the head and telling him to stay, he had not been his usual bubbly self, and now seated in the front seat he was fidgeting with his sleeves as he looked out at the passing scenery. Deciding to see if she could help Marnie spoke "What's the matter Henry? don't you want to go to see your friends today?" wishing he was sitting in his car seat in the back so she could look him in the eyes, she instead quickly glanced at him before returning to watch the road ahead.

The tension was evident in his shoulders and now showed as he said "I wans to go and work, but I am scawd" hearing him beginning to slip into little headspace she tried again to help him feel safe, "You know that you will be working with Joey, Fraya and Anya they will look out for you and Lauren will be at every scene. He still stayed quiet, so she added "And Lauren has said I can be on set if you need me" at this she heard an audible sigh "Tank you Ma, I think I am going to need you today. Especially when I'm getting hair and makeup done, please stay with me."

As they arrived at the lot Henry got out of the car and ran around to the drivers side opening the door for her. They then walked hand in hand towards the area they were filming, security gave them id's and then they headed for the makeup and hair trailer. Stepping up into the trailer he looked to see if they had organised his normal Hair and makeup people or because he had been away so long maybe they organised their own. Jacqui greeted him as he stepped into the trailer relief hit him until the other lady hired to do his make up turned around "Hi Henry" his shoulders tensed as he replied in a soft deep voice "Hi Beth"      

A/N its shorter but this was a good place to finish this section. :) as always vote if you like it and comment (I read them all :) ) Selah