Chapter 13 (Edited)

Picture above is from www.mountainvistapsychology.com

Chapter 13

Nick looked up at the comment blushing slightly at the thought of the Dr thinking he was a child. Sitting back on his knees he tried to get Henry's attention. However, the tall man was lost in the game he was playing building his city. Nick watched as the Dr walked over acknowledging him with a wink and sat between him and the distracted toddler. Dr Nolan picked up one of the Lego men placed in the city and said "This looks like a wonderful city, can you tell me what's happening? Henry" without looking up the man placed another block down speaking with enthusiasm, "This is Teeria, King Folest is thwowing a warge partee so all da sops are busy making da foods an funs" Chuckling Dr Nolan placed the lego man down and said "So who is invited to the party? Will Yennifer be there?"

At this comment Henry looked up at the stranger who was sitting next to him. "ouuu knows nenn?" awe-filled his face as the stranger nodded and said "yup, and I bet you know who Geralt is too hu" a smile filled Henrys face as he started bouncing on his knees. "I nows gewalt hess my bestest plushie dat pwincess Ma give me" The doctor smiled as the sweet man picked up his forgotten plushie and showed it to him. "And who is princess Ma, does she live in a castle far far away?" giggling at this question Henry shook his head "nuuuuu sees wite hew, I's sow ouuu" he stood up and grabbed the doctors hand pulling him over to Marnie.

Giggling Henry stopped right in front of Ma and dropping the man's hand took hers and said "Dis Pwincess Ma" his face dropped in a sudden realisation "whos awe ouuu?" chuckling Dr Nolan replied, "my name is Dr Nolan and my job is to help little boys and girls to play and share what they are feeling." At that comment, Henry grew shy and sat down by Marnie's legs hiding his face in her thigh. The doctor smiled having anticipated the reaction to him finally realising he was a stranger. "its ok Henry, today all I want to do is get to me the people who are most important to you. I can see that Princess Ma is important to you is that right?"

Lifting his head he forgot his shyness as he said "Yup, Pwinsess Ma is da bestest Ma, see feeds me and cleans me and is da bestest hair washerer ans see dosn gets oap ins my eyes. See evens gots me a spwesial chair. Ans see gives da bestest huggles." The doctor was listening to henry intently as he continued to garble on about his princess but out of the corner of his eye, he could see the silent tears forming in the young woman's eyes at the man's words. Seeing he needed to give her some space he said to Henry "wow she does sound like the bestest Princess, and who else is here with you today?" Henry proceeded to move to his mother, sharing with the doctor that she was the bestest mummy who also gives great hugs and was always telling him that he could be whatever he wanted to be.

He finally returned to his city where Nick was still sitting awestruck at how the Doctor was handling Henry. "An dis is my broder, I's has lots a broders and I's oves dem all but Nikki is my bestest big broder." Giggling at this he then proceeded to jump at Nick landing squarely into his side causing nick to let out an "Ugh" as he was still sore from the last time Henry had collided with him. Dr Nolan took on a serious face as he said "I am glad to meet your wonderful family Henry. Now I was wondering, I have a few friends I would like to introduce you to in my special playroom. Would you like to come to meet them? You can come back to your family as soon as you want to." Henry loved the sound of meeting new friends but worried about his family, particularly his princess.

He stood gingerly as he had been sitting on his legs for too long, he wobbled slightly then made a move. The doctor watched him as he walked over to Marnie, looking down at the seated princess Henry asked "ill ouuu be otay if I goes meets new fweinds Ma?" she smiled up at him and taking his hand caressing it with her thumb as she responded "Yes Pumpkin, your mummy and brother can keep me company, you go with the nice doctor and we will be here when you are finished ok?" nodding he turned to the tall happy man who had moved up beside him, took his hand and walked him over to a glass door.