Chapter 18 (Edited)

Chapter 18

The two men sat at the table, hot steaming plates of Salmon with ginger and lime with mashed potato and greens. The hunger in their eyes pleased Marnie who sat down with her own plate before gesturing that they could eat. She slowly ate watching her boy, he seemed more comfortable and at ease. His eating behaviour was such that she was sure he was big and not in toddler space, unsure of what had transpired in the 45mins it had taken to get the meal together she decided to relax and be grateful that whatever it was, had worked. The men devoured their meals in silence not sure if it was because of what was said or if they were just enjoying the meal.

Plates empty, Marnie cleared the table, then bought out her secret desert to surprise them. Placing the Lava chocolate pudding with strawberry filling in front of the Dr and Henry she was pleased with the surprise gasps and happy responses first from Dr Nolan who said "Now this is above and beyond Marnie, how did you know this was my favourite dessert?" not to be outdone by the Dr, Henry also commented, "Yes Ma this is amazing, thank you for going to all that effort for us." Cutting into the top of the pudding he then proceeded to grunt in surprise as the liquid filling exploded running over the plate. He then chuckled, taking a bite the chuckle turned into a moan that did strange things to Marnie's middle, "Ohh Marnie, it has strawberry in the middle this is so amazing" she listened as the doctor chuckled at Henry's antics before adding "truly you have outdone yourself." She appreciated the doctor's comment's but her boys look of satisfaction had her grinning from ear to ear.

After dinner they returned to the living room, Marnie sat on the couch Henry pressed into her side as the Doctor talked to the couple. His warm smile helped as he discussed some of what was to come "Henry, I don't think you should stay away from the lot, I know it will take some mental strength to push through but with Marnie's help and your friends do you think you are willing to give it a go?"

Squirming Henry could feel his chest tighten even thinking about what Beth had done to him. The thought of coming across her again tomorrow made him shiver. Maybe if he could he verbalise it? To remove the hold she had over him, he worried if Marnie heard the details that she would lose all respect for him and maybe even leave him. The strange thing was that right now he was definitely in his right mindset and felt safe sitting next to her and the Doctor. Could they help him work through it all? Snuggling deeper into her side he sighed and responded to the Doctor, " Maybe, I don't know what she wants, she just threatened me to keep my mouth shut otherwise she will go to the media. It's just her word against mine who would believe someone as strong as I am could be abused by someone that small"

Just verbalising that one concern had him shaking again, but he felt he needed to continue that if he didn't he would never be able to tell his side of the story. Seeking more comfort he laid down on the couch his head in Marnie's lap. As if this action alone prompted her Marnie started to run her hands through his hair allowing him to relax again. The doctor just sat waiting and watching, his eyes displaying a caring that he had only ever felt from his family and Ma.

Two things were evident to Marnie, one was that she needed to fill Lauren and Nick in on what was happening and the extent of manipulation that was happening. The second was that she was going to have to be shadowing Henry's every move on set so that the bitch could not talk to him again. Sure he was going to fall asleep again she was surprised when he started speaking again.

His deep voice was quiet, "It didn't start out bad, we would flirt in the trailer before going to film, the banter was fun and light. We started going out for a drink after work, I had been burned before so I took it slow. We slept together 4 weeks in, that in my mind was it, she had accepted me and to be honest it had been a dry spell. So long in fact that I mistook her infatuation with my body for love. We experimented, I didn't hate that but subtly she made it clear she was in charge. That was new for me but I was willing to give it a try."