Episode 23

Velvet Pattinson's Point of View

Two against ten people...

An upcoming knight and a black belt martial artist...

 And the enemies are...ten mages.

Ethan and I are clearly at a disadvantage. We are outnumbered and overpowered by this mysterious group of mages. 

If I compare my abilities to magic...it's like a paper against scissors. Whatever I do, the scissor will find a way to cut through me.

But if the paper is big and thick, it's difficult to cut through it... it will take sharper and stronger scissors for the paper to be fully cut. So I guess I have a chance to at least prolong the combat or find a weakness of the magicians.

Ethan is 2 metes away from me and trying to engage in combat.

They started moving, they cast a barrier spell around me...it's a blue, see-through wall, a strong one. I punched it with all my strength but it wasn't as effective as I thought it would be. I performed a stomp kick, but it's not working at all.

Being so reckless and too confident about my skills will only bring harm.

Magic is on a whole different level. We can't beat them or run away if the only thing we have is our physical strength or a sword. 

"Velvet!" Ethan yelled and charges towards me with his sword. He skillfully cuts the wall with a single swing of his sword.

What?

"Tch. A sword imbued with magic, huh." one of the mages said while clicking his tongue. 

...?

Ethan's sword is imbued with magic?

I didn't plan to waste any time so I did a sprint towards the three mages. Because of the speed, their reaction was a bit late so I knocked all three of them out in a single roundhouse kick.

Three down...seven more to go.

SWISH!

CHUNK!

Two mages directed attack spells at me using their right palms.

How slow...

I effortlessly dodged the two consecutive attack spells.

Ethan knocked the two mages out who tried aimed their palms at me earlier by hitting their napes with the other tip of the sword.

"Ack-!"

"Guh-!"

five mages down...only five more.

"Tch. Fools." The mage clicked his tongue again.

A mage casts another barrier spell at me but Ethan sliced it in halves.

" The sword's in the way!" said another mage and he casts...

wind magic...?

He chanted a spell while forming his hands into a triangle. A very strong wind blew suddenly.

It's taking Ethan's sword! He tightly gripped his sword while gritting his teeth. But even though he tried not to let his sword go, it slipped his right hand.

CLANK!

The sword imbued with magic is already in the ground, away from Ethan and near the men in the black cloaks. 

No!

Ethan ran towards his sword, but it's too late. A mage already has his hands on it.