Episode 24

Red Pattinson's Point of View

"See ya!" Velvet waved at us and stepped inside the carriage with company.

We're outside the mansion. Sitting on a bench as the carriage left the estate.

I can see Calixtar gritting his teeth as his piercing, golden eyes followed the moving carriage.

"What the hell's up with you?!" Lucas and Calixtar yelled in unison, while pointing at me and his highness.

I sighed in disbelief. Two older men, acting like total idiots.

" I am your friend for almost two years. I can tell the problem between you and Velvet." Prince Caspian said. " I know what's happening...the way you look at the prince of Bolamire...something's definitely up and I don't want quarrels between two strong families."

I slightly nodded.

" What's up with Velvet and the prince? And how am I not allowed to accompany my sister?" My elder brother said to me. I can clearly see his veins popping on his forehead.

Kenji and Lilian continued to eat popcorn on the side.

" Brother..." my brother may be an idiot but he is the next head of the family. I must show my respect towards him. " What will be your reaction if Velvet wanted to spend time with somebody other than you?"

I stared at him blankly. He looks like a whimpering dog.

"W-what?"

Lilian and Kenji are trembling and holding back their laughter. And here I am... seriously lecturing my elder brother.

"She's always with you...in the mansion, at the parties, at the town square...I'm sure you know what I'm getting at."

He fell silent. I think he turned into stone again.

Caspian Throndsen's Point of View

After a few hours... Red and Kenji decided to entertain themselves in the living room by playing chess. Lilian sneaked in the kitchen to get some macarons. Lucas is in his bedroom, and I have no idea what he's doing. Calixtar's standing in the doorstep, staring at the gate.

Meanwhile, here I am... reading a theory book and thinking about the upcoming event at the same time.

"Checkmate." Red said. "I'm impressed that you've improved. You're so close, you know?"

Kenji wrinkled his nose and scratched his head with his two hands. " Arghhhh! Why can't I beat you?!" he groaned.

Red chuckled softly. " It's because you're underestimating the queen's potential."

"You've said that like a hundred times!" Kenji said. " I'm trying to improve my usage of the queen. But, I...I still lost."

Red rearranged the chess pieces on the chessboard.

"How about I give you a lesson this time?" Red grinned. Kenji locks his eyes to him. "Well...that's new. Whenever I asked for tips and techniques, you always go for 'find out for yourself'...did you eat something peculiar?"