Episode 18

Continuation of Flashback

Velvet and I are currently heading back to the mansion where the party is being held.

We're walking sturdily and cautious of our surroundings in case there're assassins left.

" Is it still hurting?"

She asked while looking at my bandaged cut.

" It stings a little..."

To be honest, it hurts like hell.

" You encountered a lot of assassinations before, didn't you?"

I sighed.

" I'm okay, I'm used to this. It will take hundreds of assassins to kill me."

" Pfft."

I can catch a glimpse of the greenhouse now. I can hear the noises of the guests and the ballroom music.

" There it is!" She pointed at the greenhouse and we headed straight to it.

When we arrived at the garden, I didn't expect that there will be a lot of people there. The garden is right in front of the greenhouse so I thought all of them will be inside.

Their attention is given to us; me who's bleeding and to Velvet who's wearing a dirty and ripped dress.

" Oh my goodness!"

" What happened?"

" Call their families!"

Murmurs and whispers are all over the place. and some ran towards the greenhouse to call our families. Some ladies flipped their hand fans and covered their mouths and started whispering.

" What happened? It must be assassins."

" Poor girl, she gets caught in the Zinitriou's mad dog's mess."

" Look at her dress, it must be expensive, yet she used it to his wound."

" How shameless that wolf is..."

" As I thought, we shouldn't attend this party, it's dangerous."

" What was that girl thinking?"

" She's a fool if she wants to hang out with that wolf."

Umm, excuse me. I'm a werewolf, not a wolf. There's a difference you know.

I said 'whisper' but their voices are a bit loud as if they intended for me to hear it.

But they're right. She was in danger because of me. Even though the assassins said they will not hurt her, I can't change the fact that there were assassins in the forest.

" Oh cut the crap!"

?!?!?!?!

I looked at her immediately because of her sudden remarks.

Velvet?!

She didn't look back at me but she kept her head on the ladies whispering earlier. The people's attention is all at her.

" I don't want your pity." she said confidently.

The people became furious.

" What?!/What did you say?!"

She then put a smirk on her lips.

I-is it a smirk or an evil smile?

" Are you deaf? I said I. DON'T. WANT. YOUR. SH*TTY. PITY."