Episode 9

Lucas Pattinson's POV

I was glad that my little sister's situation have improved somehow.

*Seven days ago...*

The high priest came to our estate sooner than expected.

His appearance was as bizarre as ever.

He possessed white hair, that was not due to aging, so long that it reached the ground. His light-blue eyes so pale that they looked like they were almost blind.

Without a single word, he placed his right palm on my sister's forehead.

" She is healed." He said, almost a whisper, without breaking his stare at Velvet.

That fast?

" Pardon me, your holiness." My mother said. " If it is not much of a bother to you, may you inform us of the reason why she fainted in detail?"

The high priest took a moment to answer.

" I am sorry but I can not tell you." He said without looking at us still.

" Is it serious?" Father said, his eyebrows arched.

" It would be best to not tell you for now." He said. " But I assure you that this girl is now perfectly fine. She will be asleep for more or less six days. When she wakes up, I'm certain she will be as good as waking up from her regular sleep in the morning."

We sighed in relief.

" I advise you to keep her away from stress. Let her mind wander off somewhere that does not bring negativity."

My father nodded.

I'm gonna take her to the festival!

Just me and my sister . . .

" Oh." He looked at us and curved his eyes into a smile. " Please tell her to come to visit the temple sometimes."

" We are truly grateful, your holiness." My father said.

We bowed to him to show our respect and gratitude.

" I will be taking my leave now. May the gods and goddesses bless your humble home."

Velvet Pattinson's POV

It's been 2 weeks since I came here, in this family, in this mansion, in this world.

And I'm thinking...

It's not that bad.

I expect myself to go to hell after death, knowing what I've done in the past.

I used to beat guys up and sent them to the hospital.

PAST MEMORIES

" Shut the hell up!"

" I didn't copy your answer at all!"

" What did you say?!"

" Just wait until the teacher comes!"

Nghh...

I didn't have a good night's sleep last night because I got addicted to reading comics and I finally had my nap.

But of all times, of all places...

WHY IN FRONT OF MY DESK? WHY THIS TIME?!

*demon eyes opened*