Chapter 6

Velvet Pattinson's POV

" Please cancel my engagement with Ethan Portgas."

They almost fell off their chairs for the second time.

There was a brief silence, father broke it.

" But you—"

" I refuse to marry him."

" But—"

" I don't like him! I dont want him as my husban—"

" Let me speak first!" Father raised his voice.

I flinched.

Is he mad at me?

Is he angry?

Of course, he was angry.

This was supposed to be a union of two powerful houses after all. It would be a level up for the Pattinsons.

Everyone was looking at me and father.

" You said you don't want him to be your fiancé?" He said. " But you were the one who said that you liked him since you were kids!"

Wait . . .

What?

My head throbbed.

' I am deeply in love with Ethan... I want him to be my husband.'

' Oh Ethan, my love . . . my knight in shining armor.'

. . .

What. The. Fvck.

Knight in shining armor my arse. I would prefer calling him a rotten person wrapped in aluminum foil.

" I thought you liked him." Lucas said. " But why did you change your mind at a time like this? I even saw you once stalking him."

What. The. Fvck.

Velvet Pattinson was a stalker?

I'm well aware that Ethan was handsome—but Velvet! Why would you chase a guy?

He may be handsome but he wasn't my type.

" You have always said that Ethan's so handsome that you're falling in love with him everyday." Red said while cutting his steak.

This brat . . .

I was getting pale.

Where's all my blood?

" Ethan is kind and polite. What's wrong with him sweetie?" Mother said, concern forming on her eyes.

Lol.

Kind? Polite?

He really was so kind and polite, he was so thoughtful he showered me with insults!

Arghhhhhh! Arghhhhhh! Arghhhhh!

Calm down. I need to calm myself down.

I took a deep breath and said . . .

" Sh!t, those fvcking good ol' cringy days in the past were so d£mn disgusting I might throw up."

But of course, I wouldn't say that.

" Oh my, those days are already in the past." I said, forcing a smile. " It was just a happy crush, and a temporary one. I find those feelings far from genuine."

They gave an oh sound as they nodded along the way.

" This is my request, Papa."

He smiled at me ardently.