Chapter 8

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could, all the way to the ballroom. I wouldn't want to waste any more second with that werewolf.

My heart was about to burst.

Poor stamina.

I was catching my breath.

" Sister." Red said, he was with Ethan and the others. " I was looking all over for you."

" What happened?" Lucas said, his face in disdain. " And why are your dress wrinkled?"

" Were you really embarrassed?" Ethan said as he kept a smile forming on his lips.

I felt an awful feeling. I felt my bones weakening and my muscles aching, my mind was fuzzy and I thought I might be losing my sense of balance any time soon.

I was getting really dizzy,

Why is everybody blurry?

" Papa . . ." I said to Velvet's father, my voice almost a whisper. " I wanna go home."

" What?" He said, his brows knitting. " But the ball is yet to be over."

" Sweetie." Mother said, her face full of worry. " Are you alright?"

The duchess and the duke looked at me in concern.

Lucas placed his palm on my cheek, checking if whatever he thought was right.

His eyes grew wide.

" You're burning!"

Oh . . . am I?

I didn't realize that.

My breaths became more shallow, I could hear everything in the hall and I didn't like it.

Everything was spinning, as if I was in an amusement park ride.

And before I knew it, I lost my balance.

The last thing I saw were their devastated faces, looking at me as if I was the most important person in the world.

But those looks weren't meant for me.

You're so lucky, Velvet.

Calixtar Zinitriou's POV

What the hell.

I've never met someone that loud and obnoxious in my life.

And I've never met a woman that strong, either.

and . . .

I saw . . .

I felt my cheeks burn and I did my best to shut that scene from my thoughts.

That idiot. Is she really a noble?

And . . .

She wasn't afraid of me, she even had the audacity to call me names.

She was bold, vulgar, and violent.

Everyone feared me except for my clan and the imperial family.

Let's add her to the list.

Acting as if nothing happened, I headed straight to the banquet hall. I was wide awake anyway.

Because of her.

But before I could even enter the hall, I saw . . . her.

She was unconscious and was being carried by the current head of the Pattinson family, Sebastian. He was with his children and wife, together with Ethan Portgas.