bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── secrets

𝕶az Brekker was not a nervous man. In fact, Stasiaj had very rarely seen him nervous but she was beginning to pick up on something different in the man. Most men, when nervous, sweated everywhere, licked their lips and darted their eyes around a room and Stasiaj was used to that as she often caused it. Kaz was a different type of nervous.

He didn't stutter and trip over his words, nor did he sweat or lick his lips but he was starting to avoid her and Stasiaj knew what that meant. Looking into the mirror, Stasiaj watched Kaz undo the cufflinks that held his cuffs together, placing them into a box on the dresser. 

"How was your day?" Kaz hummed, not looking up as Stasiaj took the war paint that she kept on her face. "Wow, I got so much from that. Thank you."

"It's too late at night for sarcasm," Stasiaj narrowed her eyes again. There was no flirty comment in retort and no threats of death to show his love. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I'm working. You know this," Stasiaj cocked an eyebrow, as she watched the man. Kaz never forgot things, especially when it came to Stasiaj and who she was blackmailing on that particular day. He always  "Something's wrong. What is it?"

"Why do you think that?" He cocked an eyebrow, brushing into the bathroom. Stasiaj glanced up at the tall man, who was unbuttoning his shirt to check on a recent injury from a fight that he had gotten into with the new Dime Lions. "Can you stitch this?"

"I thought I stitched it yesterday," Stasiaj raised an eyebrow at Kaz's dodging of the question. He nodded. "Good day or not?"

"Good day," Kaz muttered, and Stasiaj pulled the first aid kit from below the sink, checking the injury quickly. The man shivered as Stasiaj's fingers traced over the wound and made sure that most of the stitches were still intact. She did it quickly, before patching it up and standing back up to press a kiss to his cheek. 

He caught her hand before she could walk off, pulling her back into his arms so that he could push her hair from her face.

"You know that I love you," Kaz muttered, in a moment of softness that didn't normally happen, and Stasiaj nodded, standing up on her tiptoes and pressing a kiss to his lips. He was hesitant to pull away, resting their foreheads together. "It's just work things at the moment. It'll clear up."

"Are you sure?"

Kaz nodded, before shooting her a rare smile and letting her go so that he could use the bathroom.

Despite Kaz's reassurance that everything alright with them as a couple, Stasiaj still held some reservation. So, even whilst the man slept peacefully next to Stasiaj, she fell into a restless thought pattern, trying to work out what was going on with him.