bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── once upon a december

𝕬nastasiaj Lantsov was not a loud baby. In fact, Nikolai believed that she was one of the quietest babies that he had been around though that wasn't saying much as she was the only child that he had met.

Then, his mother had placed her into their older brother's arms and Anastasiaj had begun to scream her head off. Nikolai's mind was then made up.

She was his favourite sibling.

"You're terrible at this," Nikolai teased, before taking the baby from Vasily's arms. His brother glared at him, stomping off to go and find their father, leaving Nikolai to hold his baby sister for the first time.

Her crying and wailing stopped, settling down and cooing to herself as one little hand wrapped around his finger. Nikolai grinned, beaming down at the little girl, who slowly opened her eyes.

They were piercing, staring right up at him as if she could tell everything that he was thinking and possibly more, but Nikolai found it endearing. It meant that she would take after him, and that was the best thing for everything to happen. They didn't need to have another Vasily running around the palace like the spoiled brat he was.

"Ana," Nikolai cooed, giggling to himself as she blinked sleepily. "I'm going to protect you, Ana. I'm going to be a better older sibling than Vasily."

He was pretty sure that he already had that part of his promise down, as Anastasiaj had screamed her head off in their older brother's arms. So, all that was left for the seven year old boy to do was to protect her. That wouldn't be too hard.

"Anastasiaj Lantsov!" Nikolai turned, managing to catch his five year old sister as she ran away from their father and into the crowd.

"Ana," Nikolai shook his head, keeping a tight grip on his sister, who was known to do anything to escape from people's holds. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing," She lisped, grinning innocently. Nikolai reached down, wiping some chocolate from the corner of her mouth and cocking an eyebrow.

"You know you shouldn't have chocolate after dark,"

"If they don't want me to have chocolate, why have it in arms reach?" She countered, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand and pouting. Nikolai grinned, before crouching down beside his sister and smoothing her emerald dress out.