bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── break ins

𝕸ost mothers often quit their jobs when their child was born, taking on the role of primary care giver in the household, for their child but Stasiaj Yahontov had never felt the need to. Most of her work was done during the day, leaving Jordie with his father, whilst Kaz's took place on irregular evenings, and if neither of them could be there, then Jesper and Wylan were just down the street or her friends from the bakery or even the Vipers. 

Kaz had also pointed out, in a not so helpful manner, that if Stasiaj did not have information at her fingertips, she got rather angry and Stasiaj could not fault him for that, because she did.

"Kaz, are you ready?" Stasiaj placed her earring in, admiring the way that the diamonds glimmered against her pale skin, complimenting her painted lips and red dress.

"Yes," Kaz appeared in the bathroom doorway, a small grin on his face. "You look stunning, Snake."

"I try,"

"I'm going to have to fight men off," Stasiaj chuckled, before pulling her coat on over her shoulders. "I see you got some new fangs?"

"I had to get diamonds, to match my earrings," Kaz rolled his eyes, an adoring grin on his face as he watched his wife.

"Of course you did," She chuckled, tapping his wedding ring twice as he helped her into her coat. "Come on, we should go or we're going to be late."

Stasiaj pulled Kaz back gently before he could walk off, wrapping an arm around his waist as he cocked an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You know I only have eyes for you though, right?" She muttered, as Kaz nodded and pressed a soft kiss to her hair as the scent of lavender surrounded him. 

"You going soft, Snake?"

"You wish, Bastard," The pair chuckled, as Kaz smoothed her hair back and pressed another kiss to her head, pushing the minute tremors down. 

Despite her teasing, Kaz knew that she often feared how he felt when men lusted after her, but Kaz had known when he married her how many men desired his position. Stasiaj was a powerful woman, an heir to the throne of Ravka and the main informant of Ketterdam, and Kaz had somehow been the lucky man that she had fallen for.

"Come on. Let's go rob a jewellers house," Kaz offered Stasiaj his arm, leading her out of their room and down the stairs, where Ivarn was sitting with Jordie.

"Mama!" Jordie sprinted over, as Stasiaj laughed and picked her little boy up, running a hand through his hair. "Where are you going?"

"To a party," Stasiaj grinned, before handing him off to Kaz as she leant and pressed a kiss to Ivarn's head. "Thank you for this."