bonus chapter (woh)

bonus chapter (woh) ─── pregnancy

𝕾tasiaj Yahontov had been a mother long before she became pregnant. Since she was thirteen, she'd been protecting the street kids that had followed her like little duckling and that had never changed. But, being pregnant, in some ways, felt different. This was a life that she had created, a life that showed her and Kaz's complete and utter faith and love for each other. However, Stasiaj Yahontov was terrified.

What did she know about pregnancy? 

She'd never had a mother, or a mother figure, around to tell her about these sorts of things and saints knew that Kaz was also slightly useless in this regard. Inej and Nina were both out of the country, so it was just her, Kaz, Jesper and Wylan who were all completely useless in this regard.

So, Stasiaj did what she did best. She researched.

The public library at the Ketterdam university became her daily haunt. She'd sit in there for hours, trawling through books and research papers all based around pregnancy, trying to work out what she needed to do and what she would have to prepare for her child. 

"Stasiaj," The girl hummed, flicking through a page as the door to the bedroom closed. "You still reading?"

"How observant you are, Kaz," The man chuckled, before draping his coat over the back of the chair she was sitting in and placing a light kiss to her hairline. "What time is it?"

"Late, midnight ish. Are you going to come to bed or am I going to have to drag you?"

"I'm pregnant. You wouldn't dare," Kaz rolled his eyes again, as Stasiaj finally tore her eyes away from the book to look at him. "Do you know how many women die in childbirth?"

"And you've done more than enough reading for tonight," Kaz pulled the book from her grasp, placing a bookmark on the page and setting it aside. "You're stressed, Snake. I thought pregnancy made women happy not looking on the verge of tearing their hair out."

"I am happy," Kaz raised an unconvinced eyebrow at Stasiaj's words, causing the blonde woman to huff at her husband's annoying ability to read her like an open book. "I'm just trying to be prepared."

"You will be but all of this reading is starting to stress you out," Kaz leant down, pulling her to her feet. "Take a break, think about something that will be fun to do with the baby like telling Inej and Nina or thinking about the nursery."

"I'm pretty sure Nina will have already worked it out from wherever she is. She'll have woken up in the night and gone 'Stasiaj's pregnant' and then gone back to sleep," Kaz chuckled at her words, gently pushing her towards the double bed. "and you're one to talk, you're also stressed about the baby."