headcanons (woh)

headcanons (woh) ─── bad day

𝕾tasiaj Yahontov adored her work. It was clear to everyone around her that she loved the power, the feeling of holding someone's life over their head and making them beg for it all to be saved. However, there was one thing that she loved more than her work, and that was Kaz Brekker.

"Afternoon Malkus," The man hovered in the doorway, shaking water out of his curly hair as he shot her a grin.

"Afternoon Ma. Brought you lunch," He leant down, pressing a kiss to her cheek and placing a box in front of her.

"You're a gem," Malkus winked, throwing his dark coat over the rack. It was the same dark wool as Kaz's, and Stasiaj chuckled whenever she saw the pair together. The years had changed things, with Malkus growing taller than both Kaz and Stasiaj, but he still followed Kaz around like a puppy. "What news have you got?"

"Pekka Rollins is back in town," Stasiaj cocked an eyebrow, pausing in unwrapping the food in front of her. "He's trying to gain a foothold, got his son in tow as well."

"The one we threatened,"

"Yeah, that one," Malkus took a bite of the apple, slumping into the chair opposite her. "Don't think Dad is too happy. He's pacing and he's got the brooding look on his face."

"Scheming face?"

"Nah, murderous face,"

"I'll pay him a visit then," Stasiaj ran her hands through her blonde hair, before ringing a bell on her desk. Celia opened the door, raising an eyebrow. "Who am I supposedly seeing after lunch?"

"Merchant Council for the new proposition for the Den and then there's a minor Barrel boss who wants to ask about some information on your husband," 

"Well, that's awkward," Stasiaj deadpanned as Malkus snorted. "Malkus, deal with the gang leader. Celia, tell Ivarn he can do the proposition to the Merchant Council. I need to head down to the Slat, I'll be back later."

"Of course, Stasiaj,"

"Thanks, darling," Celia saluted her, before closing the door as Malkus glared at her.

"Why don't you call me darling any more?"

"Cause you're a pain most of the time," He giggled as Stasiaj pressed a kiss to his head, pulling her own coat off of the rack and sliding it on. "Intimidate the gang leader, but no killing or maiming."